Electric or Gas/Electric Hybrid cars

Old Jun 12, 2001, 9:00 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Electric or Gas/Electric Hybrid cars

Anyone rent an Electric or Gas/Electric Hybrid car?

If I remember my advertising correctly, only Budget in CA has these cars available.
Old Jun 24, 2001, 9:12 am

Programs: AA 2 MM LIfetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Silver, BA
What category might they be under. I have just ordered a Prius for purchase, but will be renting a car in CA in August. The trouble is that I am buying it because I do mostly city driving, and when we'll be on vacation, there will be 3 of us and it might be too small.

------------------
DtG
Old Dec 12, 2004, 8:12 am
ewj

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG PLAT, NWA Plat
I justed rented a Toyota. they are on the high side to rent $46 a day plus tax. from Budget @ LAX compared to standard compact at $20 per day plus tax. You need to be very enviro friendly person to rent (I Am). They really need to bring the price down to $25-28 a day plus tax. They would get a lot more takers.
Old Dec 14, 2004, 5:05 pm

they might be charging more to offset the actual cost of the car.
Old Jan 18, 2005, 8:10 am

I just got a Honda at DCA that was registered in VA. When I went to get the car, was told it was an "upgrade and you will like it" after he said it was a Civic. I was thinking to myself, why is this an upgrade and after I got in and started noticed the guages were different. So I got out and went to the back to see the hybrid info. No owners manual to see what all the gauge info was but I think I figured it out.

Drove to my meeting that happened to be on vehicles including AFVs so it was very appropriate. I wished I could have kept it longer to test it out.
Old Jan 23, 2005, 10:34 am

Programs: United 1K
Can't wait to rent it on my next trip to SFO.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 3:45 am

Programs: AA Gold; US Air Silver; Amtrak Select Plus; Starwood Platinum; UA 1K; Aeroflot Bonus
Gas in Phoenix

I rented a natural gas powered Civic in Phoenix a couple of months ago. There was no difference driving it compared to a gasoline engine. Note that the gas tank takes up almost all the trunk space. There's room for a duffel bag, but not much more.

It also qualifies for High Occupancy Vehicle lane use.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.