Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What happens with a Fastbreak cancellation?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2015, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta SkyMiles, Fairmont President's Club ,Marriott Rewards,
What happens with a Fastbreak cancellation?

I am thinking of joining the Budget FastBreak program as it seems we are often renting from Budget, and a recent trip to OGG saw us waiting in line for close to 2 hours.
My question is….what happens in the unlikely event you do not pick up the car ( accidentally forget to cancel)? Would there be any charges…as they have your credit card info on file?
Old Mar 2, 2015, 6:50 am

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Only if it is a reservation that requires a credit card to hold it.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta SkyMiles, Fairmont President's Club ,Marriott Rewards,
Courtesy hold

So, as I suspected....if just a courtesy hold...no credit card required reservation.....the reservation would just disappear if you didn't pick up, or cancel in advance.
I always manage to cancel any rentals that I won't be using....but it can happen where one slips by. Good to know there wouldn't be any charges in that case.
Thanks
Old Mar 2, 2015, 2:36 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Be cautious and watch your card if this is the case. I've done this with Avis and been billed for the car somehow. It's rare but has happened a couple times through the years.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Budget and Avis have already put in their fine print the ability to charge a no-show fee if reservation is not cancelled. FB members have an associated credit card.

It is best to cancel even if after the scheduled pick up time. Having too many no shows will be a problem.

Rasheed
Old Mar 2, 2015, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Yes, certainly cancellation is best practice for a number of reasons.
But though Avis and Budget have the "ability" to charge a no show fee to a Fastbreak member…..do they actually do it?

I do recall once attempting to cancel an online reservation I was not going to need… By the time I recalled it…… it was after the time of pick-up by a few hours …and the system would not allow me to cancel it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.