Wiki Posts
Search

Any idea on Tampa (TPA) fleet?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2014, 6:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, QR Silver, Accor, BA
Any idea on Tampa (TPA) fleet?

I'm planning a trip to visit my parents in Tampa in March with one of my buddies I went to University with. I'd kind of like to book a Mustang (or Camaro etc), possibly a convertible. Alamo, Budget, and surprisingly, Avis, are all quoting a reasonable ~$300 for a week's rental on a 'vert. All others are quoting stupid figures like $800.

I kind of prefer to avoid Avis based on past experience, but often they have decent cars. I really don't want to get stuck with a 200C convertible or something equally horrible though.

Any idea on what Budget or the other two typically offer in Tampa when booking a 'vert?

Cheers
Old Dec 18, 2014, 4:30 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Originally Posted by InternationalLiving
I'm planning a trip to visit my parents in Tampa in March with one of my buddies I went to University with. I'd kind of like to book a Mustang (or Camaro etc), possibly a convertible. Alamo, Budget, and surprisingly, Avis, are all quoting a reasonable ~$300 for a week's rental on a 'vert. All others are quoting stupid figures like $800.

I kind of prefer to avoid Avis based on past experience, but often they have decent cars. I really don't want to get stuck with a 200C convertible or something equally horrible though.

Any idea on what Budget or the other two typically offer in Tampa when booking a 'vert?

Cheers
Avis/Budget is shared at TPA. Let's get rid of any illusion. Same staff, same desks with sometimes two parts of the desk for each brand or a separate lane for returns.

If you rent the right category on the Budget website, you will get similar to the same category on the Avis website. Avis and Budget have the same website categories as a reminder. I have seen some nice convertibles there, but I think unless you are a super elite status, you will need to inquire when you get there. I assume you are at least FB so that you can talk with people who wield more influence to pick a car for you. Just ask nicely when you get there for what car you want from the reserved category (go take a look at the spaces first if needed to see what is parked).

Rasheed
Old Dec 21, 2014, 8:14 am
Original Poster

Thanks Rasheed, I had forgotten that Avis and Budget are often one and the same. I tend not to rent from Avis much, as in the UK, I've never had a good experience with them. One time they even charged me for damage caused in their own parking lot by a space placard, even though I'd taken the extra insurance... thankfully I looked at my bill.

I don't have any status with them but my dad often rents from them, so maybe I'll ask to book it under his account.

Thanks again
Old Feb 25, 2015, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

I just wanted to provide a snippet of useful information -

I got through to Alamo/National at TPA today, and they told me that their convertibles are all Mustangs and Camaros.
No idea about Budget/Avis though...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.