FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Budget | Fastbreak (closed to posting) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/budget-fastbreak-closed-posting-421/)
-   -   Problems making prepaid rentals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/budget-fastbreak-closed-posting/1607575-problems-making-prepaid-rentals.html)

Jeff050 Aug 31, 2014 9:20 pm

Problems making prepaid rentals

Does anyone else have issues getting the prepaid rentals to work from the Budget.com website? I would say 50% of the time when I try and make one I get some vague problem with card error which is not the case at all. The charge gets approved from my credit card company when I try to make the reservation but the website gives me the CC error, the reservation is cancelled and the pending charge on my card gets reversed the next day. It pulls the same CC info from my Rapidrez profile everytime when I start to check out and in fact even when trying other cards I get the same error. I've had my CC company (Capital One) call their CS on my behalf 3 or 4 times trying to understand what the problem is, Capital One doesn't see any problems on their end, they approve the charges but the CS people at Budget can never explain the error. They always offer to make the reservation over the phone but I don't want that because I won't get the prepaid rate. I just want their website to work. Sometimes I'll try again the next day without changing anything and it goes through perfectly fine. Their doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason on when it will work or not work. There has to be some technical glitch going on with the prepaid reservation system. Just wanted to see if anyone else out there has had similar problems.

guv1976 Sep 1, 2014 10:47 am

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

"They always offer to make the reservation over the phone but I don't want that because I won't get the prepaid rate."

I've been offered the prepaid rate offer the phone, but I'm a Fastbreak member; not sure if that makes a difference.

Jeff050 Sep 1, 2014 2:25 pm

So today (Monday Labor Day) I tried the exact same reservations again exactly the same way and they go through without a hitch and even the rates were lower than last time I tried. Who knows, maybe the prepaid rates don't work when trying to reserve & pay for them on the weekend.

Americanada Sep 6, 2014 7:44 pm

I've been having issues with making prepaid reservations at Budget this whole year.

I've called Budget many times, Customer Service, Web Support but they are clueless. In my case, I believe they might be having problems matching the address on my Budget profile to the credit card address. Although it shouldn't be an issue because they do match. I haven't seen this problem for a decade. Use to see it a lot when the Internet was in its infancy so not sure why we're still having problems with this.

I've used different credit cards and they all lead to the same problem.

By the way, if you call Reservations Toll-Free line, they will always match the Prepaid rate you saw On-line and last month they even quoted me a rate 14% less expensive. I got a car for a week for a hundred bucks all inclusive. Sweet.

Anyway, I dislike calling in because it's a slow process as they have to input all the discount, coupon, frequent flyer, etc. numbers that I give them.

So, in the end Budget loses most of my business and I will only jump through hoops when their rates are really lower than the competition.

walkerking89 Sep 10, 2014 5:14 am

I think using of PayPal account is best for prepaid service of Budget.com. all the address and information is already fixed by the PayPal account, so we just need to do the transaction and this process could done without any error.

Jeff050 Sep 30, 2014 10:20 pm

Once again

Once again their prepaid rates on their website won't process. Who knows what the deal is, I'm giving up on them. This has to the most ...-backward run company I've ever seen, basic functionality on their website doesn't even work. BTW, anyone ever seen their phone apps, what an embarrassing joke those things are. What is the deal with this company?

bryanwallace Jan 6, 2015 10:48 pm

anyone know if this is resolved?

question about the budget prepaid..
what comes up on the credit card when you book?