Wiki Posts
Search

LAS Rental Kiosk

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2014, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HA Platinum
LAS Rental Kiosk

Does the Budget station at LAS have rental kiosks so you can bypass the agents? Also, do they provide a form where you can mark existing scratches and damage?
Old May 28, 2014, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by gs-flyer
Does the Budget station at LAS have rental kiosks so you can bypass the agents? Also, do they provide a form where you can mark existing scratches and damage?
Last time I checked, Budget does not have kiosks at their LAS location. If you are a Fastbreak member, you can head straight downstairs to the agent in the garage. Otherwise, you'll have to get in line to speak with an agent behind the counter inside the Rental Car Center.

They will provide you a rental contract and a damage form, each of which need to be presented to the attendant at the checkout gate.
Old May 28, 2014, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EasyGoTraveler
Last time I checked, Budget does not have kiosks at their LAS location. If you are a Fastbreak member, you can head straight downstairs to the agent in the garage. Otherwise, you'll have to get in line to speak with an agent behind the counter inside the Rental Car Center.

They will provide you a rental contract and a damage form, each of which need to be presented to the attendant at the checkout gate.

The lack of kiosks leads me to believe that Budget deliberately wants renters to go through their rental agents, which from past posts, is not very pleasant. I'm torn between the price that I can get versus the warning flags that I see from renting from the Las Vegas station. I don't want to hassle with long lines/wait times, hidden charges, higher than quoted rates, hassling over scratches, etc. Is there anyone out there that has good reviews of Budget LAS? Or am I just paranoid?
Old May 30, 2014, 2:52 am

The lack of kiosks leads me to believe that Budget deliberately wants renters to go through their rental agents, which from past posts, is not very pleasant. I'm torn between the price that I can get versus the warning flags that I see from renting from the Las Vegas station. I don't want to hassle with long lines/wait times, hidden charges, higher than quoted rates, hassling over scratches, etc. Is there anyone out there that has good reviews of Budget LAS? Or am I just paranoid?
Why don't you sign up for Fastbreak? It makes the entire rental experience far more pleasant and all around easier. The other poster is correct. There are no kiosks. If you're a Fastbreak member, you just head downstairs to the garage. From the time you walk into the building until the time you exit the garage, it will likely be less than three minutes. With that in mind, I absolutely would NOT rent a car in Vegas without having the option of going straight to the garage. The rental car lines can be VERY long at times, even at off peak times. Waits of an hour or more are not at all uncommon. I typically rent from Dollar in Vegas but that's only because they are the cheapest. I would not hesitate to rent from Budget via the Fastbreak program.
Old May 30, 2014, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Andrea Waters
Why don't you sign up for Fastbreak? It makes the entire rental experience far more pleasant and all around easier. The other poster is correct. There are no kiosks. If you're a Fastbreak member, you just head downstairs to the garage. From the time you walk into the building until the time you exit the garage, it will likely be less than three minutes. With that in mind, I absolutely would NOT rent a car in Vegas without having the option of going straight to the garage. The rental car lines can be VERY long at times, even at off peak times. Waits of an hour or more are not at all uncommon. I typically rent from Dollar in Vegas but that's only because they are the cheapest. I would not hesitate to rent from Budget via the Fastbreak program.
I have a "Rapid Rez" number EM***W which I got some time ago. My Budget card with that number does not use the term "Fastbreak." It that what you're calling "Fastbreak" or do I have to sign up again?
Old May 30, 2014, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

I have a "Rapid Rez" number EM***W which I got some time ago. My Budget card with that number does not use the term "Fastbreak." It that what you're calling "Fastbreak" or do I have to sign up again?

I just found the answer to my question above. "Rapid Rez" is basically your profile and you can sign up for "Fastbreak" status under your Rapid Rez number, which I did. In order to sign up for Fastbreak, you have to provide your license information, credit card information and your acceptance or decline of the optional insurance choices.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 1:28 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
LAS Rental Kiosk

At LAS, Hertz, National, and Alamo have kiosks. The Budget franchise does not, neither does Avis corporate. Incidentally, Budget's customer service at LAS is much better than it was in the past, but long lines continue to exist. Sign up for FastBreak as it is usually a shorter wait than the main line.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 11:35 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
The line at LAS Budget on saturday was over 2 hours long. Fortunately my reservation was at Alamo. The Alamo agent said they are frequently that long at Budget because they overbook. All other rental counters had short lines. I guess it is a matter of how much you value your time.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

I just completed a rental at LAS Budget from June 10-16. Signed up for Fastbreak and everything went smoothly. My name was on the Fastbreak list and all I had to do was to go to the designated stall. The paperwork and damage claim form was in the car. I did a very thorough check of the car, noted even the slightest dents and scratches and checked out. I was on the road in 5 minutes (most of the time was checking the car out).

Check in at 11:00 p.m. was smooth. Asked if the agent wanted to see my gas receipt and he declined. Charges were as stated on the original reservation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.