Wiki Posts
Search

Friends and Family Discount

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2013, 9:04 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Friends and Family Discount

Does anyone know about this? Can anyone use this rate?

NEW! Budget Discount Friends and Family Discount - Get up to 40% off your next rental in the US, Canada and Puerto Rico!
Use Budget BCD U112000. Valid for rental pickup by 12/31/13 at participating locations. Blackouts apply including holidays.
Old Jun 1, 2013, 3:59 pm

Thanks, gave a good rate for a mini-van in Vancouver.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 2:11 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Tried for my 2 res in FLL. Save a little in one and went up in another one.

Thanks.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 6:36 pm

Was that meant to be a publicly available code? If not, you could get onto the Do Not Rent List.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
Was that meant to be a publicly available code? If not, you could get onto the Do Not Rent List.
What does this mean? Using a code that wasn't meant for you gets you banned ("No car for you!")???

I used a 'public' travelocity code for a minivan rental in TPA. Makes me nervous now...
Old Jun 13, 2013, 4:58 pm

Yes, it can. Some companies are more strict about checking corporate ID and rate eligibility than others. Search the other threads in this forum for instances of people being banned from rental companies for coupon or contract code fraud. Where did you find your code?
Old Jun 14, 2013, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
Yes, it can. Some companies are more strict about checking corporate ID and rate eligibility than others. Search the other threads in this forum for instances of people being banned from rental companies for coupon or contract code fraud. Where did you find your code?
The code is mostly advertised on the Mousesavers and DISBOARDS websites (X474200), so it's quite popular for Florida and California - esp. minivan rentals. Some people have reported to save up to $600. I personally saved about $400. It was almost half-price!

Apparently this is a public use Travelocity code that's been around for a few years. They do not require ID for it - it's been reported to work fine in all cases. Some people have even called in ahead of time to confirm it's use and agents have said there isn't any ID checks that go along with it, but I am always a little skeptical if I don't have ID for any discount I've booked.

I've booked discounted rentals with Entertainment, CAA and a few other programs in the past, and I've never been asked for ID (even though I had it), so it should be okay BUT...Budget is sold out of minivan rentals for my time period at TPA, so that makes me nervous....
Old Jun 18, 2013, 4:52 pm

U112000 was posted on the Budget facebook page so it should be fine to use.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.