Any experiences at SLC w/ Budget?

Old Apr 22, 13, 8:40 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: DL KM, Bonvoy Gold, RHG Gold, Accor Silver, Hilton Silver, Natl EE, Avis PC, Greyhound RR
Any experiences at SLC w/ Budget?

I just made a reservation at SLC (Salt Lake City Int'l Airport) for a weekend rental little over a month from now. I'll have a midsize (Hyundai Elantra or similar) for two days. I used the USAA BCD and a $10-off coupon, and I'm 22 years old (as of yesterday! ). Has anyone rented here recently or know what I can expect (in terms of service and/or cars)? I read somewhere that they are a franchise, so I'm already a bit weary. (I also have a reservation with Hertz in case things don't work out so well.)

FWIW I've never rented with Budget before, but am considering them since the USAA BCD waives the underage fee.

Thanks in advance for any input

-J.
Old May 4, 13, 4:43 am

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
I've used this franchisee more than a few times. Their Fastbreak is a little slower than most but they are okay; cars are kept very well. They will look at the car CLOSELY when you return it. I suggest you look at the car CLOSELY when you take it out and have them note EVERY problem in writing and retain a copy of it after the rental is over.

Also, my frequent travel points never post and I always have to e-mail Budget a few weeks after the rental. They are not on Budget's system.

Search this Thread