What happens if Budget does not honor my prepaid Priceline deal?

Old Oct 22, 12, 11:39 am
Original Poster

What happens if Budget does not honor my prepaid Priceline deal?

I have a prepaid res with Budget at LGB. I bid on Priceline, got an ok deal, $84 taxes and fees in for a compact for 3 days, but I have since heard some bad stories about this location. Like people booked as I did, they show up and are told 'Oh, we don't have a compact right now. You can wait or pay more to upgrade.' One guy waited 45 mins for a car he was sure was just sitting in their lot.

I'm going to be traveling with our toddler and am not going to be interested in waiting around or playing any games with Budget. If they pull something and I walk and use a backup res elsewhere what are my chances of getting a refund from Priceline?
Old Oct 22, 12, 2:27 pm

If it had been a prepaid reservation through Budget itself, maybe you'd have some recourse. LGB is listed on Budget's website as a franchise, so corporate may have limited oversight. If the service is lousy, you can file a complaint with Priceline, the BBB, the local investigative TV news, etc., but I doubt you'd get a refund.
Old Oct 22, 12, 4:50 pm

Programs: AGR, PC, HH no status as I stopped paying for travel
First hint of trouble call PriceLIne and let them sort it out. You may have to wait a bit but Priceline has more sway with Budget than you ever will.
Old Oct 23, 12, 9:36 pm
Moderator, Alaska Airlines & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR (ex-75K, GLD, 1K, and S+), Choice Diamond, HZ PC, Costco Exec, NPS Passport
Originally Posted by darben View Post
First hint of trouble call PriceLIne and let them sort it out. You may have to wait a bit but Priceline has more sway with Budget than you ever will.
This. Don't walk away, or you'll lose your money.
Old Oct 24, 12, 10:55 am

priceline will have the pull to talk them in to honoring your reservation. just call priceline within seconds of having an issue.
Old Oct 28, 12, 8:48 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions. Worked out np.

Our group actually rented one car from alamo, one from budget. No problem at the counter in either case but in the car from budget was a present; a fat full dirty diaper. Funny because I read a review of that location that mentioned the exact same thing.
Old Nov 22, 12, 5:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast View Post
If it had been a prepaid reservation through Budget itself, maybe you'd have some recourse. LGB is listed on Budget's website as a franchise, so corporate may have limited oversight. If the service is lousy, you can file a complaint with Priceline, the BBB, the local investigative TV news, etc., but I doubt you'd get a refund.
Just curious, where on the Budget site do you see info about whether or not a location is a franchise?
Old Nov 22, 12, 5:47 pm

It's under the FAQ section, click something like age restrictions, then click corporate-operated locations, a box pops up, in which type the location code.

Search this Thread