AA/up to 10K miles thru 9/30

Old Aug 6, 12, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UAPlat/Million Miler;Honnors Diamond,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
AA/up to 10K miles thru 9/30

here's what I recv'd:http://www.budget.com/budgetWeb/html...ners/aa20.html Now to find a cheap 5-day rental but beware: there have been problems in past w/miles posting on budget reported.
Old Aug 6, 12, 9:18 pm

up to 10k means I only can earn max. 10k with this promotion??

What if I rent a car like 3days rental for 4times, do I earn 12k AA miles?

Or max, 10nights will be considered as 10miles?
Old Aug 7, 12, 6:02 am
Original Poster

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UAPlat/Million Miler;Honnors Diamond,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by hw807 View Post
up to 10k means I only can earn max. 10k with this promotion??

What if I rent a car like 3days rental for 4times, do I earn 12k AA miles?

Or max, 10nights will be considered as 10miles?
No limit as far as I can tell on how many times you rent so yeah, mix and match to your advantage. Just remember, Budget, in times past, has balked at giving out bonuses if you return car early. The 25$ cash back promo where I did a 2-day rental, but it didn't qualify because it showed up as a 1.95 rental. Then u have to go after them to get credit. Besides, the Avis promo is better for this month anyways.
Old Aug 15, 12, 1:54 pm

Can I use a different BCD #? For example will W852863 (I think it is COSTCO) work with this coupon code so I still can earn AA bonus miles?

Thanks.
Old Aug 16, 12, 11:43 am

Programs: HH Dia, UMP Premier Plat, AA Plat
Just booked using the MUAZ013 coupon code on Budget.com. The reservation went through but in the confirmation email there is nothing in the "Coupon #:" field. Will have to see if I got this offer. This is a pretty good deal. I will have a rental car almost every day from here until the end of September. Should be 40,000-50,000 AA miles.
Old Aug 18, 12, 8:05 am
Original Poster

I can't remember in my confirmation emails whether the MUAZ013 was shown or not and I don't have access to those at the moment, but I have receipts showing the bonus miles and some have already posted to my AAdvantage account correctly.
Old Sep 1, 12, 12:19 pm
Suspended

I did this online for my wife and there was no place to input the FF number.

offer code/number

BCD U072421

coupon MUAZ013
I called up and had them add it and they re-sent the confirmation. OF course, the AAdvantage number is nowhere to be seen, however, the reservation now states earn 20x miles per day!

Personal Information
XXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
rapidrez number none
BCD U072421
coupon MUAZ013
The following value of your coupon will be applied at the time of rental:
20X BON MLS

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; Sep 1, 12 at 12:25 pm
Old Sep 3, 12, 5:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat
I just tried to book at 14 day rental using this promotion.It stated I could not go over 10 days and rejected the reservation. Guess I will make two rentals out of it and return car at the airport and start a new rental after 10 days.
Old Sep 3, 12, 10:03 pm

I shifted my rentals from Thrifty to Budget the last three weeks and am growing more frustrated each time. I have yet to see any miles show up in my account and everyone at Budget has acted like I am asking for the world simply to have this coupon # (that they are promoting!) added to my reservations. They look totally disorganized and inept as a company. Here is the email I sent to customer care tonight:

"This is in regards to Coupon # MUAZ013 (20X AA miles) as shown here:

https://www.budget.com/budgetWeb/htm...ners/aa20.html

Solely because of this offer, I shifted a number of my Thrifty reservations to Budget, even paying a higher rate. As a corporate traveler, I am required to make my reservations through the American Express Axiom service. When I enter my confirmation # into Budget.com later, it will not pull up my reservation. In short, I am unable to add the coupon # to my reservation prior to arrival.

However, I am willing to go to the counter to participate in this promotion. I attempted to do this tonight when I picked up a car at the CLE airport location. After waiting in line, I was told by the lady at the frontdesk that I needed a physical coupon to add it to a reservation. When I told her it was online, she said I needed to print it out. I told her I don't recall this being a condition of the offer. While she went to the "backroom" to check with her manager, I pulled to offer up on my phone. She returned to tell me that the manger insisted I have a physical sopt of the coupon. I attempted to show her on my phone that nowhere on the link does it state the offer needs to be printed in any way, but she just looked away.

Aside from poor customer service, this kind of gamesmanship is maddening. Somebody probably fairly high up at Budget decided it would be good a good idea to offer 20X AA miles as an enticement to rent from Budget. And you know what? It worked! I rent 150+ days a year, almost exclusively from Thrifty. But I decided to shift my business to Budget at least for the duration of this offer and maybe longer if the service was good. To invent a condition for this offer on the spot is both unethical and deceptive.

I immediately called Budget once in the car to add the coupon # but was told Customer Service was closed for the evening and that I would have to call back tomorrow.

I request coupon # MUAZ013 added to my rental agreement #. I would also like assurance this coupon # will be handled appropriately at my next Budget reservation. Lastly, it would be nice if this coupon # was shown on rental agreements and receipts. This is the third week in a row I have rented a car from Budget and no one has been able to show me this coupon # on a reservation or receipt, even though I have asked during every pick-up and drop-off."

Last edited by kdw133; Sep 3, 12 at 11:37 pm
Old Sep 8, 12, 1:28 pm

I just wanted to report back that MUAZ013 does work for 1000 AA miles per day.

I recently turned in a 10 day rental and 7-10 days later in my AA account I had two entries, one for 500 Budget base miles and one for 9500 Buget bonus miles.

1000 miles a day is a great deal for anyone who rents a lot of cars. It can be a little tough to get them to add the coupon # to your reservation, but keep fighting. It runs through September 30, 2012.
Old Sep 10, 12, 8:55 am

Programs: Delta, SPG
I booked a reservation with MUAZ013 for 10 days and 12 hours, no problem. Got to the counter and asked to confirm that MUAZ013 was on the reservation along with my AAdvantage number. They said that since it was over 10 days I wouldn't be eligible. But nothing in the terms and conditions states that you cannot go over 10 days, it just says to rent for a minimum of 2 days and that you can earn a maximum of 10,000 miles. But nothing about 10 day or less rental. I just returned it yesterday and my receipt said I earned about 500 miles for the rental, but I guess I"m going to wait for those to post and see if the bonus posts with it.

Anyone have an experience where the receipt says one thing about # of miles earned, but you actually got more because of a bonus?
Old Sep 16, 12, 1:05 pm

my receipt showed 4000 miles for a 3.5 day rental

Originally Posted by shawnymcd View Post
I booked a reservation with MUAZ013 for 10 days and 12 hours, no problem. Got to the counter and asked to confirm that MUAZ013 was on the reservation along with my AAdvantage number. They said that since it was over 10 days I wouldn't be eligible. But nothing in the terms and conditions states that you cannot go over 10 days, it just says to rent for a minimum of 2 days and that you can earn a maximum of 10,000 miles. But nothing about 10 day or less rental. I just returned it yesterday and my receipt said I earned about 500 miles for the rental, but I guess I"m going to wait for those to post and see if the bonus posts with it.

Anyone have an experience where the receipt says one thing about # of miles earned, but you actually got more because of a bonus?

Search this Thread