No Frequent Flyer Miles at non-airport locations

Old Jul 18, 12, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold, AA Plat, UA Ag Past 3-time WN Companion Pass, A+, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold,Ntl EmEx
No Frequent Flyer Miles at non-airport locations

Did a search on this and couldn't find another post, sorry if I missed it.

Picked up a car last week at an Avis/Budget location. Gave them my Southwest number, they put it on the record, and even gave me an extra discount that I had never heard of that they said was because of Southwest.

At any rate, didn't get credit for the rental, so called Budget Customer Service and they tell me that you don't get the frequent flyer points for non-airport locations. One would think they would tell you this when you reserve, or at least at counter, and your number wouldn't be on the paperwork.

Extra discount was nice, but miles would have been better, and both would have been the best.
Old Jul 18, 12, 2:09 pm

Programs: AGR, PC, HH no status as I stopped paying for travel
budget makes it perfectly clear only airport locations

From budget website
Can I earn frequent flyer miles when I rent with Budget?
Answer: If you're a frequent flyer program member with any of our airline partners, renting with Budget pays off big in frequent flyer miles, points or credits. To earn airline miles, points or credits, just provide your frequent flyer number at the rental counter before picking up your car at participating airport locations. Or to save time, reserve on budget.com with your RapidRez Number and add your frequent flyer information to your reservation on Step 4 of the reservation process.

Took me less than 30 seconds to find the answer.

Informed consumers are the best answer.
Old Jul 18, 12, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

With Budget's partner, Avis, you can earn miles with foreign FFPs at off-airport locations, but not with domestic FFPs. I typically earn 1,000 Virgin Atlantic miles with my off-airport Avis rentals in the U.S. Don't know if Budget will credit foreign FFPs for off-airport rentals, however.

Search this Thread