Frequent flyer credit from airports only?

Old Jan 6, 2011, 12:34 am
Original Poster

Frequent flyer credit from airports only?

Upon returning my rental at a non-airport Budget location today, I asked an agent if I could add my Qantas member number because I forgot when I picked up the car. I was told that Budget (and Avis) now only gives credit for rentals from an airport location, and that I could try to go through the airline.

When did this happen??? (Agent said "it's been awhile now")
Old Jan 6, 2011, 6:26 pm

Programs: Just a lowly Blue ;(
Sounds to me to be more like talk for "Couldn't be bothered"
Old Jan 7, 2011, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

I think you're right - I emailed Budget CS and gave them my confirmation number and FF number and got a reply saying that it's been added. The weird thing was the person I spoke with was the agent checking in the car, not even the agent at the ticket at the counter, so it's not like he would have had to do the work himself anyway.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 6:05 pm

Programs: AA Gold, rif-raf on most others; MBTA "valued customer"
I can confirm Avis DOES NOT offer miles for non-airport rentals. It's even mentioned somewhere on their website. Granted it's not Budget, but Avis and Budget are the same company. There was also much discussion on the US Board about this and people learning the hard way their cheap Grand Slam hits would not count.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 9:32 pm
Original Poster

What's the US Board?
Old Jan 8, 2011, 7:44 am

Programs: AA Gold, rif-raf on most others; MBTA "valued customer"
US Board = US Airways Forum on this site.
Old May 12, 2012, 12:26 am

Resurrecting this older thread to ask a question.

I have a corporate reservation coming up at Seattle airport pretty quickly and can't modify the record on the phone or the website to add a frequent flyer number. Can adding a frequent flyer number be done at the airport easily or do I need to enroll in RapidRez and would either of these things even work on a corporate BCD rental anyways?

Thanks!
Old May 14, 2012, 7:07 pm

well since nobody answered my question, the answer is: yes, I was able to add my frequent flyer number to a corporate billed rental. You're welcome!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.