FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Budget | Fastbreak (closed to posting) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/budget-fastbreak-closed-posting-421/)
-   -   No fastbreak points if credit card not accepted (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/budget-fastbreak-closed-posting/1339491-no-fastbreak-points-if-credit-card-not-accepted.html)

iwanderafar Apr 24, 2012 5:21 pm

No fastbreak points if credit card not accepted

In all my years of collecting points from different airlines/hotels/rental car agencies, I just came across a new oddity. When reserving a car for Curacao, I entered my Fastbreak number as part of the reservation. When the reservation was confirmed, the site notified me they could not associate my Fastbreak number with my reservation and to call Budget directly. The Budget customer service rep (in Mexico) told me that since I only had an Amex card associated with my Fastbreak account, they could not associate my Fastbreak number with that reservation. I would have to give her a MC or Visa number in order to add my Fastbreak number to the reservation.

Is this normal? I've never had my rewards points dependent on the credit card I used.

WAS Apr 25, 2012 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by iwanderafar (Post 18454801)
In all my years of collecting points from different airlines/hotels/rental car agencies, I just came across a new oddity. When reserving a car for Curacao, I entered my Fastbreak number as part of the reservation. When the reservation was confirmed, the site notified me they could not associate my Fastbreak number with my reservation and to call Budget directly. The Budget customer service rep (in Mexico) told me that since I only had an Amex card associated with my Fastbreak account, they could not associate my Fastbreak number with that reservation. I would have to give her a MC or Visa number in order to add my Fastbreak number to the reservation.

Is this normal? I've never had my rewards points dependent on the credit card I used.

I wasn't aware that the Fastbreak program included any reward points. I thought it was just a way to get out of the rental car agency faster with less paperwork.

But yes, I've also been told that I have to use the same credit card as the one in my profile.

LovetoTravel83 Apr 27, 2012 2:25 pm

I could get points from fastbreak?

SuperKirby Feb 13, 2013 4:20 am

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83 (Post 18472629)
I could get points from fastbreak?

Maybe the OP was referring to miles?

Now i'm confused, what is the difference between RapidRez and FastBreak? I know Fastbreak lets you skip the counter, but will it allow you to obtain partnered miles?

I am thinking about renting from Budget so I can earn my 50 miles per day on United Airlines, but is this only through RapidRez? Or can I enter my Fastbreak number as well? Are these two separate account numbers or they're the same?

Also, anyone clear up the whole Visa and MC thing about fastbreak? Can I use my AMEX?

rasheed Feb 15, 2013 3:17 pm

Still no idea what the issue is related to credit cards. I admit, you likely need to use the same credit card as your profile (not sure why not Amex) in order for the Fastbreak to be usable.

Did want to make sure all RapidRez/Fastbreak folks (same to me) are signed up for the free $25 for every 2 rentals over 2 days each...

www.budget.com/bucks/

By the way, I think primarily for service reasons, I should build loyalty with one agency chain, do other chains have better reward programs (aside from the set aside better cars)?

Rasheed