Rental from San Jose Del Cabo (SJD) Airport?

Old Mar 27, 12, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Rental from San Jose Del Cabo (SJD) Airport?

First and foremost, I'd like to say "Hi" to everyone, long time listener, first time caller, etc.

I'm looking to rent a car in Baja California towards the end of May and am evaluating options. Looking at a week-long rental which is more than affordable with a standard car rental. However, my itinerary involves some driving on unpaved, corrugated roads, and I'd rather not take my chances with a low clearance and 2-wheel drive.

It turns out that Budget in SJD airport offers a non-standard "all terrain" car class that prices out the same as their SUV class. I'm wondering if its possible to use a BCD to free upgrade into this non-standard class, especially considering that the rental agency is based in Mexico? Or should I be considering an alternative approach.

Thanks in advance!
Joel
Old May 8, 12, 4:47 am

Programs: M&M , HHONORS Diamond
I can only tell you with my experience with Fox Rent a Car. I also thought about renting a 4x4. However they only have 2 available at all and are most of the times gone, as in my case. Therefore I would make sure that these kind of cars are available beforehand.

Search this Thread