Budget Hot Deal NOT for RapidRez members?

Old Dec 29, 11, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Life-Plat 5MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, UA, BA
Question Budget Hot Deal NOT for RapidRez members?

I consider myself a fairly loyal Budget customer, I got used to renting only at Budget, and I have a RapidRez number.
But I was very disappointed today... maybe somebody can explain this behavior of the Budget system.

I received the Budget Hot Deals email that offered an Intermediate car for $159 (+taxes and fees). I decided to book a car for 1week for my Hawaii trip in Jan. I did it from the email and it showed the $159 rate for Intermediate.
Before completing the reservation, I decided to add my RapidRez number ... and to my surprise ... the rate jumped to $288 (or similar).
I closed the window... tried again to reserve from the email... but too late... the system learned my RapidRez and did NOT give me the Hot Deal.

I had to use a different PC to book the Hot Deal WITHOUT my RapidRez.
Old Jan 3, 12, 6:15 pm
Company Representative - Autoslash

Originally Posted by IntFF View Post
I consider myself a fairly loyal Budget customer, I got used to renting only at Budget, and I have a RapidRez number.
But I was very disappointed today... maybe somebody can explain this behavior of the Budget system.

I received the Budget Hot Deals email that offered an Intermediate car for $159 (+taxes and fees). I decided to book a car for 1week for my Hawaii trip in Jan. I did it from the email and it showed the $159 rate for Intermediate.
Before completing the reservation, I decided to add my RapidRez number ... and to my surprise ... the rate jumped to $288 (or similar).
I closed the window... tried again to reserve from the email... but too late... the system learned my RapidRez and did NOT give me the Hot Deal.

I had to use a different PC to book the Hot Deal WITHOUT my RapidRez.
Does your Budget RapidRez/FastBreak profile have a particular BCD attached to it? If so, that would probably override the promo code specified in the email.

Next time, be sure to actually log out of your RapidRez profile on the Budget website (the link should be in the upper right corner; simply closing the window won't log you out). You can also try clearing your browser cookies and then reloading the Budget website.
Old Jan 15, 12, 11:55 am

Programs: SPG: Platinum
This happens to me. I either use another browser or fiddle with the BCD #' until I get a good rate.

I have multiple BCD #'s that will give me vastly different rates.

Search this Thread