Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Budget | Fastbreak (closed to posting)
Reload this Page >

change from round trip to one way rental mid-trip?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2011, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Asking this for a coworker. She's doing a Phila (S Jersey actually) - Pittsburgh trip. Tentative plan is to drive out and back, but depending on circumstances, might like to leave the car in Pittsburgh, and ride back with someone else. Both offices would be non-airport ones, with a corporate rate.

I've priced out the rates on a round trip, and also a one way (slightly higher, with a 30c/mile surcharge). My question is, if she books the round trip, gets to PIT, and decides she wants to leave the car there, will they recalculate the rate based on it being the same one-way rate it would have been if originally booked that way? Or, will there be a different rate, possible a drop off penalty, if it's changed mid-trip?

I called Budget central reservations, I don't think the agent understood what I was asking. They suggested calling the local office. However, even if they okay it, can I get something in writing that, if the rental becomes a one-way one, this is what it will cost?

Thanks.

Jeff
Old Dec 27, 2011, 10:14 pm

Programs: Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Gold, National Exective, United Premier Silver
Hopefully your coworker has not left already... But:

At a minimum, she would be responsible for the entire contract amount, even if she,returned the vehicle early. That all said, she could also be looking at a reprice of the entire contract at some astronomical (im speaking of 250+ per DAY) rate, should she choose to change her mind mid-trip.

My best advice would be to make a "dummy" booking for the dates, with the one-way itinerary, and see how it prices. Well, my further advice is for her to make up her darn mind before getting the car!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.