Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I want my 5000 Hilton Hhonors points!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2011, 7:43 am
Original Poster

I want my 5000 Hilton Hhonors points!

Rented a car for 6 days in June in Birmingham, AL. Used a coupon code for 5000 Hilton points. Which code is shown in the e-mail I got from Budget acknowledging my reservation.

No points. Called Budget's national call center. The person I spoke with saw the coupon code, said I should get the points, but that it was the local franchise in Birmingham's job to push the points to my account.

So I called Birmingham. Spoke to a person there (I have the name) who seemed from his title to be the appropriate guy. He said they only give airline miles. At my insistence he spoke with their office manager who gave him a phone number at Budget to give to me -- the phone number of the staff person at Budget whom Birmingham works with regarding promotions.

I called that person at Budget corporate. Got her Audix voice mail. Left a message last week. So far no call back on e-mail.

Does anyone know how I can escalate this further? The sole reason why I rented from Budget was to get the points. Otherwise I would have rented from National. (Already had made a reservation with that company.)
Old Jul 26, 2011, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Today I reached the woman at Avis/Budget corporate who oversees getting points put into loyalty accounts. She promised to look at my case (I e-mailed her the relevant documents) and respond by the end of the week.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 10:53 am
Original Poster

I've been asked to provide an update on the resolution of my problem.

On 26 July 2011 I received an e-mail from the woman at Avis/Budget who oversees relations with external frequent traveler programs and she said she would "have an answer for you by 7/29/2011."

Not having heard anything, on 3 August 2011 I e-mailed her for an update and she responded on 4 August 2011 stating that she will "have an answer for you on 8/11. I am very sorry for the delay."

So we will see.

If anyone wants her contact information, I will be willing to PM it once my problem gets resolved.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 11:52 am

Programs: HH Gold, PC Plat, CO/UA, WN
I rented a car with Budget for 2 days in Wisconsin, having applied a promo code for 6500 HHonors points for 2-day rentals (offer code BCD U106100). That was the weekend of 7/31, and I got my 6500 points (plus an extra 250 from budget...?) on 8/11. Really quick turn around.

Sorry it's not working out so well for you!
Old Aug 14, 2011, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Here is my latest update:
On Thursday, 11 August 2011 I got this message:

I have updated your rental you should see 250 base miles and 5000 bonus miles credited to your account. It may take 4-6 weeks to appear on your account. But it should be there sooner.
So I am still waiting.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 6:46 pm
Original Poster

I checked my Hilton balance just now and found that the points posted to the account yesterday.
BUDGET BONUS OFFER 5,000 0 16-Aug-2011
BUDGET 250 BONUS OFFER 250 0 16-Aug-2011
Old Aug 19, 2011, 10:26 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
I rented a car for 2 days at YYZ on July 15, hadn't seen the points posted. Sent an email to budget customer service saying:
I reserved a car using BCD U106100 and coupon code MUHZ012 for 6,500
Hilton Honors points on a 2 day rental. My reservation confirmation
email shows the BCD and coupon code. My receipt also shows this along
with my HHonors number from Hilton which is xxxxxxxxx. Can you please
look into this, and credit the Hilton points to my account?
Got an email back the same day saying the points would be credited:
Thank you for taking the time to contact Budget with your Frequent
Traveler points inquiry. Upon reviewing the rental agreement, our records show 250 Base Points
along with 6500 bonus Points have been posted to your Hilton Honors
Account.

Your points will appear on a future activity statement that will be
provided by your frequent traveler program.
So it does look like 250 base points and 6500 bonus points is normal
Old Aug 19, 2011, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by roknroll
So it does look like 250 base points and 6500 bonus points is normal
I was surprised to get the 250 points in addition to the 5000 points. Obviously, the reason why I got 5000 as opposed to 6500 was because I used the offer code for 5000. I did not learn about the offer code for 6500 until I was midway through my rental week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.