ExtendingBudge Rental or Simply Not Notifying?

Old Jul 2, 11, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
ExtendingBudge Rental or Simply Not Notifying?

I just called Budget to extend my rental for another 2 days and they have quoted a price that's approximately $200/day additional. (Quite steep, as I have rented for about $130/day for an Edge)

Granted, it's on the July 4 weekend and other companies are charging much more, but in my experience with Hertz earlier, one would simply be charged the old rate for the car.

Would the old rates apply if one did not extend?

Is this scenario different for various car rental companies nowadays, or is Budget an exception?
Old Jul 2, 11, 1:24 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Rewards Silver,United Miles plus Hawaiian Air AirTran SWA
Look at your contract you signed at inception .
That will show the additional daily rate you agreed to when signing if you decide to extend your rental.
Sometimes its high and sometimes its reasonable
Old Jul 6, 11, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by Tony10s View Post
Look at your contract you signed at inception .
That will show the additional daily rate you agreed to when signing if you decide to extend your rental.
Sometimes its high and sometimes its reasonable
I did refer to the rate (which was much lower than the rate they charged me for extending the rental) - but I'll confirm if it is the additional daily rate or not - I think it only said the rate that I originally used - I kept all the paperwork..

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; Jul 6, 11 at 10:15 am

Search this Thread