Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Budget | Fastbreak (closed to posting)
Reload this Page >

Can I put "No Nissan Cube" or "No Kia Soul" in My Profile?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2011, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Gold, Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond,

Today was the 2nd time I have been assigned one of those horrific Nissan Cubes, which prompted me to march to the desk and ask for another car (got a Hyundai Elantra). I've also previously been assigned a Kia Soul that I had to have swapped. I typically do rent the smaller cars, and I know these are getting to be common. My department likes us to get compact cars if it's just us by ourselves traveling.

Has anyone been able to call in and tell them to mark in your profile NOT to assign you these cars? If not, I'll just start reserving an intermediate from now on. They always ask if there's a problem with the car....yeah it's a Cube or a Soul. Would you drive that? etc.
Old May 24, 2011, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Yes to the Soul, I like 'em. No to the Cube, it's totally inappropriate for a business rental.

If you specify "Intermediate" (Fusion or similar) you will quickly fine "or similar" means Corolla or Forte and you will be making the same number of trips back to the counter to fix.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 8:28 am

Really?

Both the Cube and the Soul are spacious and have pretty good fuel economy!

Easy to get in and out of, and much more stylish than some old Crown Vic.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 7:23 pm

Programs: Centurion
Originally Posted by BearX220
Yes to the Soul, I like 'em. No to the Cube, it's totally inappropriate for a business rental.

If you specify "Intermediate" (Fusion or similar) you will quickly fine "or similar" means Corolla or Forte and you will be making the same number of trips back to the counter to fix.

i agree i like the soul, i hate the cube..
Old Sep 14, 2011, 7:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by JRA2000TL
Today was the 2nd time I have been assigned one of those horrific Nissan Cubes, which prompted me to march to the desk and ask for another car (got a Hyundai Elantra). I've also previously been assigned a Kia Soul that I had to have swapped. I typically do rent the smaller cars, and I know these are getting to be common. My department likes us to get compact cars if it's just us by ourselves traveling.

Has anyone been able to call in and tell them to mark in your profile NOT to assign you these cars? If not, I'll just start reserving an intermediate from now on. They always ask if there's a problem with the car....yeah it's a Cube or a Soul. Would you drive that? etc.
Guess what? They call these pieces of crap "intermediate size". I got stuck with one via Payless a month ago, and they refused to give me anything else because that is the only "intermediate" they had.

Horrible blind spots, and no locking trunk in which to put your luggage.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
Guess what? They call these pieces of crap "intermediate size".
National rents Kia Souls as Standard, a class up from Intermediate. (And all car class designations in the U.S. and Canada are made by National Corporate offices, so it's not just a location with a bad sense of humor.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.