Wiki Posts
Search

Budget Tried to Screw me over

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2010, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat
Budget Tried to Screw me over

My complaint is about 24 dollars but its my 24 dollars.

So last week I needed a rental quickly. My sister has terminal cancer and she wanted to see her dad in NJ who is bed ridden. So I rent a car from budget and pre-pay and the pick up is from JFK airport.

I go pick it up and they try to upsell me on the insurance I tell tell the lady at the counter I didn't need it as my credit card has insurance for car rentals.

She says ok prints out the paper work tells me to intial here there there and here. As I am reading what I am initialling I see something about a 9 dollar a day insurance charge and that I wave the other insurance charges. I told her that didn't look right as it seems that I will pay the $9 for insurance. She said nope my interpretation was wrong and I wouldn't be charged a thing for insurance.

So I go on my merry way, drive the car to NJ and back again total trip 158 miles.

I reture the car about 4 hours early and when I go to hand in the paper work and reciept showing I filled the tank with gas up I am told that their computers are down but to leave the paper work and they will handle it.

few days later I check my AMEX and theres a charge for 23.77. I call budget to inquire and the girl on the line says Oh you rented it in Jamaica we don't have access to those rental agreements. I asked well who do I call and she said hold on. Comes back with an international number, I then ask why do I have to call an internatonal number. She said because the rental pickup location was in Jamaica. I then tell her Jamaica NY maybe I picked up from JFK airport. She then tries to say its my fault she thought it was Jamaica the country and I told her you never asked me where I picked it up form so how its my fault.

Anyway she then tells me their computers don't have access to the rental agreement because their system was down and the paper work hasn't been sent in yet to try again the next day.

The Next day I call and I am told the 23.77 is for:
9.00 Insurance
13.99 refule fee for driving less than 70 miles
and .78 for gas.

I protested about the 9 dollar insurance but they sent me the agreement and sure enough I was right when i thought it meant I had to pay 9 dollars for insurance agent lied. But since i didn't stick to my guns and believed the agent I didn't care about the 9.00.

I did however want my 13.99 back and the .78 for fuel.

She tells me the car was driven less than 70 miles. I said I picked up the car with 9006 miles and returned it with 9158 miles.

After a few minutes she said to be courteous they would refund the money for the refuling and gas. What BS.

I canceled my rental next month with Budget and went with Hertz even though they were more expensive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.