Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Q1 2010 Delta 5000 mile/2 day rental

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2010, 11:28 pm

Programs: SU/DL/US/MR
For what's it is worth, I just did a one way Fla dump off for the 5k deal. My receipt has the miles on it... just waiting for those points to hit my SkyMiles account.

If it works and the pts hit my account then this is a nice little FF grab for those in Florida. I managed to do a 3 segmented one way flight home on Delta that should bundle everything up rather nicely. 3 segments, 1,100 miles flown, 5k from Budget... 6,100k with ticket, rental and gas, $145. Not too bad... and only about 10 hours in total spent from pick up to touchdown back in PBI.
Old May 3, 2010, 11:54 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
So, where did you drop it off? What was the daily base rate?

I hadn't really focused on the aspect that the agencies are getting their cars ferried without having to pay the fuel costs of driving or trucking for any car we take. I mean, of course it's true that they're getting the service. Just hadn't thought about that big savings for the agencies.
Old May 4, 2010, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
I noticed their $15/weekend day compact (BCD R222505) is stacking with the 5,000-mile Delta coupon. Will do that in MYR, even though Alamo was pricing cheaper after other coupons.

Also have an Alamo booking for the Florida one-way bit (PBI to ATL) at $29 all-in for 5 days in a midsize (as it stacked with weekly discount deals and a 15% off code), but will see if Budget has an alternative in somewhat the same ballpark that can also do the miles.
Old May 4, 2010, 4:44 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by RustyC
Also have an Alamo booking for the Florida one-way bit (PBI to ATL) at $29 all-in for 5 days in a midsize (as it stacked with weekly discount deals and a 15% off code), but will see if Budget has an alternative in somewhat the same ballpark that can also do the miles.
!

Any idea as to whether this will stack with the WN 5x credit promo? Thank you.
Old May 5, 2010, 3:56 pm

Angry Don't rent from budget at calgary intl

So, my wife and I went at the end of March to Banff for our 5th anniversary. I decided to rent from Budget at the Calgary Intl Airport to take advantage of the 5,000 mile bonus with Delta. I specifically asked at the counter if they would accept and honor that coupon. I was told yes. I was then told that if I took the car out of Alberta, I would be charged extra per rental day for that privilege. UGH! That should have told me there was a problem. I went on with the transaction.

As I was leaving the car rental building, I walked past the Avis counter and decided to see what they could do for a price. They came in $10 lower than Budget but I wouldn't get the 5,000 Delta SkyMiles. I am President's Club/Avis First but decided that $10 for 5,000 miles was worth it. Avis did not charge a fee to take the car out of the province but they were still higher, so I felt I was getting a good deal. I left with the Budget car.

So, I had not received my miles so I decided to call Budget Customer Service. "They are an independent rental agency and do not honor Delta promos.". That was the reply from Budget CS. No recourse at all! I also got hosed by the Budget counter in Calgary. I told them my flight time, an asked about the best place to get gas near the airport at that time in the morning. They gave me a location. The morning we were headed back to the airport, we left with plenty of time to get there and be way early. There was a wreck on the way so we were delayed. When we got to the gas station, IT WAS CLOSED! At this point we didn't have time to find another one, so we took it in with 3/4 of a tank of gas. We got charged $9 per liter!

So, moral of the story. If the deal sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Lesson number two - the Budget counter at the Calgary Airport will LIE TO YOU!
Old May 7, 2010, 11:18 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Did you input the coupon code MUAZ015 on Budget.com prior to your rental? Did the website display coupon accepted? If this is the case, continue to fight and you will get your miles.

BTW, there is an existing thread discussing this promotion.
Old May 8, 2010, 7:04 am

Yes, I did put the coupon in when I made the reservation. It showed as being accepted. I asked at the counter if they would accept it and the rep said yes. When I called Budget Customer Service to check the status, I was told the location only accepts Air Canada coupons. I was told this by Budget CS, not the location. They said the location is independent and can accept what they want. It's not up to Budget CS - it's up to the Calgary Budget owner.

I saw the other thread, but wanted to call this out on its own so it didn't get lost in the multipage discussion.

I just won't rent from Budget again.
Old May 8, 2010, 7:30 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, PC, AA, UA
miles do not show on receipt

I rented for two days out of BOS last weekend. My receipt has my DL Skymiles number on it as well as both required codes. I guess i'll just wait the 8 weeks but does anyone have experience with this promo out of BOS? Did the miles show on your receipt. Should I contact Budget CS now or wait the 4-6 weeks for the miles to post as per the T&C?
Old May 10, 2010, 11:10 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, PC, AA, UA
Originally Posted by bobgold
I rented for two days out of BOS last weekend. My receipt has my DL Skymiles number on it as well as both required codes. I guess i'll just wait the 8 weeks but does anyone have experience with this promo out of BOS? Did the miles show on your receipt. Should I contact Budget CS now or wait the 4-6 weeks for the miles to post as per the T&C?
5000 miles posted today. That was pretty painless.
Old May 11, 2010, 9:30 am

Programs: DL Silver, HH Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Silver
This coupon worked in HI at both KOA and LIH. Just had 5,000 each plus 50/day post (plus Delta 50% bonus on top of that as they were at the end of April). Neither receipt showed the miles, but they both used old dot matrix printers inside to give receipts (no handheld scanner lot receipts). Both are corporate locations.
Old May 11, 2010, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by bearcat74
This coupon worked in HI at both KOA and LIH. Just had 5,000 each plus 50/day post (plus Delta 50% bonus on top of that as they were at the end of April). Neither receipt showed the miles, but they both used old dot matrix printers inside to give receipts (no handheld scanner lot receipts). Both are corporate locations.
The receipts that are printed using these old matrix printers does most definitely show the number of miles earned as well.
Old May 11, 2010, 2:55 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA, JetBlue, Hilton, Marriott
I called Budget last week after figuring out that I goofed by not including my SkyMiles number in the online reservation - since I wasn't flying in. Budget amended the reservation with my SkyMiles number. 5000 Bonus miles from past rentals at BOS just started showing today. Plus I got another 100 from Budget. I'm not sure what that was for.
Old May 12, 2010, 3:05 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
Originally Posted by curiousjorge
I called Budget last week after figuring out that I goofed by not including my SkyMiles number in the online reservation - since I wasn't flying in. Budget amended the reservation with my SkyMiles number. 5000 Bonus miles from past rentals at BOS just started showing today. Plus I got another 100 from Budget. I'm not sure what that was for.
The another 100 miles from Budget was most likely the 50 miles/day (assuming it was a 2 day rental) for crediting to DL.
Old May 12, 2010, 5:20 pm

Programs: American - Platinum Pro, Marriott - Platinum
Thumbs down Agreed - never rent from Budget Calgary, and if possible Budget altogether

Originally Posted by kcool
Yes, I did put the coupon in when I made the reservation. It showed as being accepted. I asked at the counter if they would accept it and the rep said yes. When I called Budget Customer Service to check the status, I was told the location only accepts Air Canada coupons. I was told this by Budget CS, not the location. They said the location is independent and can accept what they want. It's not up to Budget CS - it's up to the Calgary Budget owner.

I saw the other thread, but wanted to call this out on its own so it didn't get lost in the multipage discussion.

I just won't rent from Budget again.
Dear kcool and fellow flyertalk members,

I've been a long time lurker, and this is my first post. Have learnt a lot of great tips from this site, and I was just tempted to weigh in on the Calgary budget experience.

I had the exact same experience when I rented at the Calgary airport Budget location few weeks back. The only reason I made the reservation with Budget was due to the Delta promotion, and was pretty sure they accept the coupon since if I played around with not putting the coupon code, the price went down.

So I did the 5 day rental, got receipt, and after 4 weeks I call Budget to find out exact same thing - that the Calgary airport location doesn't participate...end of discussion!

Kcool - I share your sentiments, I'm never renting from Budget again...simply because apart from this experience, I've read many horror stories in this forum, and don't trust them to award the miles/points without the follow-up, and it's simply not worth it, especially with so many other car rental companies offering better service at lower cost.

That's it folks, my first post at flyertalk, the community I love, and unfortnuately it was a rant, hope to share some better experiences in the future.

- Raj
Old May 13, 2010, 9:47 am

Programs: Delta Silver, United Silver, Aegean Silver, Avis First
raj_cl

Thanks for posting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.