Q1 2010 Delta 5000 mile/2 day rental

Old Apr 22, 2010, 2:06 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by Firewind
...did you get the 2,500 bonus - in addition to the 5,000 - on your first rental? I didn't.
Nevvver mind. The last (er, first) 2,500 turned up today. I just can't believe I'm not going to have a single fight across eight rentals. Budget?! Not the Budget of year-end 2008.

But never being sanguine, I wonder how/why this latter occurrence happened. I can't imagine that I have an angel at either Budget or Delta who goes back and cleans up any discrepancies. Any thoughts? OK, save the reply, which is probably, "Chill".
Old Apr 23, 2010, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
Originally Posted by Firewind
Nevvver mind. The last (er, first) 2,500 turned up today. I just can't believe I'm not going to have a single fight across eight rentals. Budget?! Not the Budget of year-end 2008.

But never being sanguine, I wonder how/why this latter occurrence happened. I can't imagine that I have an angel at either Budget or Delta who goes back and cleans up any discrepancies. Any thoughts? OK, save the reply, which is probably, "Chill".
Congrats on easy painless 60,000 miles, did you do any reservation through delta's website for the extra 1,000? and how soon did you get your first 2,500 after you started renting?
Old Apr 24, 2010, 5:10 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by yuel
Congrats on easy painless 60,000 miles, did you do any reservation through delta's website for the extra 1,000? and how soon did you get your first 2,500 after you started renting?
Thank you. No, I didn't notice the +1,000 promo. Whsht! (Insert smiley with flat hand crossing top head...) Nearly all the miles posted within a few days, probably by the next sweep. The 2,500 for the earliest one in the series came in, let's see... 28 days later. The 5,000 and miscellaneous actual charges for the first one showed up as quickly as for each of the rest. ED: Wait, not exactly true, as I was just pegging it from the official post, which is per the start of the rental. The first rental was a week, so the 2,500 posted ~ three weeks after the rental. I hope I'm not putting too many words into this...

Last edited by Firewind; Apr 24, 2010 at 5:16 am Reason: Rethought...
Old Apr 25, 2010, 5:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
BTW the first airport station that doesn't seem to participate that I have come across is LAX. Quite a surprise.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 9:55 am

Programs: Delta Silver, United Silver, Aegean Silver, Avis First
2100 is better than 100

Originally Posted by holtju2
BTW the first airport station that doesn't seem to participate that I have come across is LAX. Quite a surprise.
Strange, I can't get it to work at LAX either, but Avis (same company) can get the 2100 points program to work there.

weird
Old Apr 28, 2010, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by z003y
Strange, I can't get it to work at LAX either, but Avis (same company) can get the 2100 points program to work there.

weird
Just learned something new yesterday. LAX Budget is no longer corporate location. It is franchised out since beginning of this year. None of the promos seems to work there.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 12:15 pm

Just learned something new yesterday. LAX Budget is no longer corporate location. It is franchised out since beginning of this year. None of the promos seems to work there.
Yeah. Might even be worthy of an announcement thread of its own. I was just glad to learn accidentally that it was out of this promotion before I got all the way to the counter...

But my main reason for ringing in now is to remind those who might have experienced one of those mind things, as I did, that it's the 5,000 mi. promo that continues until 5/31/10. It's the DL 1.5 multiplier that doesn't (and still doesn't). Coming up on the end of April, I was just checking on both to see if "the dream goes on", and was glad to see that it does. Just not so much. I had thought I would be back to Alamo for their "5x SW RR Credits", but I think I'll stick around for more DL miles. 5,000 mi. for $45 a/i and a car I need anyway is still good enough leverage for me.

Oh, and thanks to yuel, make that 6,000 ea., as I'm off to hunt up that DL portal.

Last edited by Firewind; Apr 28, 2010 at 12:24 pm
Old Apr 29, 2010, 3:37 pm

Have a National rental starting tomorrow, was going to see if Budget could come in any cheaper + the promo.

Just saved me 5 minutes of my life! ^
Old Apr 29, 2010, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
LAX does not participate in this promo.

BUR, however, does.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 12:09 pm

Shame that DL has ended the 1.5x promo at least a day early, or at least by 2:00pm ET. Or did "expires April 30, 2010" mean that it already would be expired before today? Was hoping to start one more weekend rental today under it. But with the way that DL has silently ended promotions (or tried to ) much earlier in their term, I guess one shouldn't even hope. Unless one is girded for combat.

https://www.delta.com/marketing/staydriveride/

In case the link doesn't work for you ("https"):

We're sorry, this campaign is currently not active.
Old May 2, 2010, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by yuel
... did you do any reservation through delta's website for the extra 1,000?
Can anyone elaborate on this? I don't see it mentioned anywhere else.
Old May 2, 2010, 5:24 pm

If you did a search on FlyerTalk or even google...

you would find that 1k promotion easy, along with the link; but it's expired (ended 4/30 as I recall), so don't waste your time

Originally Posted by srodr
Can anyone elaborate on this? I don't see it mentioned anywhere else.
Old May 3, 2010, 6:18 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA, JetBlue, Hilton, Marriott
60 to 90 days to post?

Found some great rates at BOS. (Total 2-day Fri to Sun rental $58 to $64)

Called Budget since bonus miles from April 9 - 11 rental had not posted (and others here had suggested miles posting faster). Budget customer service rep said that the miles post in 60 to 90 days and to call back is they hadn't posted by then.

Do bonus miles take longer to post depending on rental location?
Old May 3, 2010, 6:28 pm

lol, welcome to the world of....

Budget's "customer service" department... you have just entered a new world of fantasy...their first line of defense (remember, it's them vs. you) is ALWAYS that it takes 90 days for miles to post (someone must have been in a good mood if they told you 60 - 90 days!). You have reached the fork in the road where you are about to learn if you are subservient to the ugly beast, or if you have anything left at this point in your life to fight the dragon. But hey, maybe they will post after the infamous 90 days, and maybe my hair will grow back. All I know is, if they don't post within a couple of weeks, they won't post (hey, that's my experience). But thanks to Budget, you just don't "qualify" to complain unless 90 days pass, regardless...of course, at that point you enter their second level of fantasy...

Originally Posted by curiousjorge

Called Budget since bonus miles from April 9 - 11 rental had not posted (and others here had suggested miles posting faster). Budget customer service rep said that the miles post in 60 to 90 days and to call back is they hadn't posted by then.

Old May 3, 2010, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by curiousjorge

Welcome to FlyerTalk, curiousjorge! ^

My last one, at BOS, took eight days. All my California ones took a few days (except for the 2500 on the first one as I reported above). Probably all were at the following sweep. Except for that one 2500 anomaly, base and bonus posted at the same time.

Good luck.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.