FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Membership card for Blue? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/998986-membership-card-blue.html)

Valueseeker Sep 26, 2009 3:11 am

Membership card for Blue?

I joined BAEC recently. I thought I had read that I could order a membership card once I had 250 miles. I have already rocketed to 1000 miles but cannot find an option on the website to order a card. Can someone advise. Thanks.

Jenbel Sep 26, 2009 3:18 am

I just did this for a family member in my HHA. There's an option somewhere called 'reorder welcome pack' - no mention is made of a card and that's what does it. Not sure what the threshold is since she had 17k miles.

Jonobigblind Sep 26, 2009 3:50 am

Originally Posted by Valueseeker (Post 12440447)
I joined BAEC recently. I thought I had read that I could order a membership card once I had 250 miles. I have already rocketed to 1000 miles but cannot find an option on the website to order a card. Can someone advise. Thanks.

Just log in to your account and select 'Manage my Account' from the list in the left hand navigation bar. You'll see a list of options in the middle of the page and fourth bullet down is 'Order Executive Club items'. Just click that and order away.

Valueseeker Sep 26, 2009 4:07 am

Originally Posted by Jonobigblind (Post 12440505)
Just log in to your account and select 'Manage my Account' from the list in the left hand navigation bar. You'll see a list of options in the middle of the page and fourth bullet down is 'Order Executive Club items'. Just click that and order away.

Yes that's what I thought. But I just get this message:

'No product is available for your tier and country'

Genius1 Sep 26, 2009 4:38 am

When I joined a couple of years ago, I'm sure I received a Blue card straight away (without flying at all with BA). Has this changed?

weirdfish Sep 26, 2009 5:00 am

Originally Posted by Genius1 (Post 12440580)
When I joined a couple of years ago, I'm sure I received a Blue card straight away (without flying at all with BA). Has this changed?

Yes, I had to wait until the first miles from my Amex PP card were credited to my account before I could request the membership pack & card.

Valueseeker Sep 26, 2009 5:06 am

Originally Posted by weirdfish (Post 12440608)
Yes, I had to wait until the first miles from my Amex PP card were credited to my account before I could request the membership pack & card.

Can you remember how you requested the pack & card?

Lobengula Sep 26, 2009 5:13 am

Originally Posted by Valueseeker (Post 12440615)
Can you remember how you requested the pack & card?

If you logon to ba.com and under the "Executive Club" section choose, Manage my account".

Then under "Your Options", select "Order Executive Club items"

There you can order a membership card.

Edit: Doh! Already posted, sorry.

weirdfish Sep 26, 2009 5:20 am

That is indeed how you order it but you know that already. I do remember it took a few days for option to request pack to appear in the drop down from when the miles first appeared on my home page.

Valueseeker Sep 26, 2009 5:58 am

Originally Posted by weirdfish (Post 12440639)
That is indeed how you order it but you know that already. I do remember it took a few days for option to request pack to appear in the drop down from when the miles first appeared on my home page.

Thanks. Miles only appeared today. I will give it a few days.

Jonobigblind Sep 26, 2009 7:09 am

Yeah, just give the system time to catch up with itself and then you'll be fine. I wasn't in a major rush for mine so I think I sent the request about a week after miles posted.

Man_Utd_Fan Sep 26, 2009 8:03 am

dumb quetion: is it free? I would think it would be

AbuQutaita Sep 26, 2009 8:29 am

Originally Posted by Man_Utd_Fan (Post 12441039)
dumb quetion: is it free? I would think it would be

Yeah, but you can only re-order the BEAC card a couple times every membership-year.

Sixth Freedom Sep 26, 2009 9:49 am

Originally Posted by Jenbel (Post 12440463)
welcome pack

A 'welcome pack'. That sounds very grand. I seem to remember getting only a letter and a blue card when I joined the EC.

When my Dad joined aeons ago he got leather wallets and all sorts of goodies, including Blue baggage tags.

Artagnan Sep 26, 2009 9:59 am

Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom (Post 12441439)
A 'welcome pack'. That sounds very grand. I seem to remember getting only a letter and a blue card when I joined the EC.

When my Dad joined aeons ago he got leather wallets and all sorts of goodies, including Blue baggage tags.

Flying was so much better back then!