MAN-JFK to restart

Old Sep 17, 09, 10:19 am
Original Poster

MAN-JFK to restart

This news is buried in a thread on American Airlines I imagine most people on this board won't read so I thought I'd split it out into a separate thread.

AA are starting up the Manchester - New York JFK route, replacing BA who pulled off a few years ago. Whilst most AA flights across the atlantic are non miles earning for BAEC, the existing MAN-ORD (and the previous MAN-BOS) flight carries a BA codeshare, so I'd be very confident of the same happening again here.

I imagine that the equipment will be a 757, but even so, hopefully this will be of some use to Manchester locals as I know the BA1503 had a very loyal following here on this board and elsewhere.
Old Sep 17, 09, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by spanishflea View Post
This news is buried in a thread on American Airlines I imagine most people on this board won't read so I thought I'd split it out into a separate thread.

AA are starting up the Manchester - New York JFK route, replacing BA who pulled off a few years ago. Whilst most AA flights across the atlantic are non miles earning for BAEC, the existing MAN-ORD (and the previous MAN-BOS) flight carries a BA codeshare, so I'd be very confident of the same happening again here.

I imagine that the equipment will be a 757, but even so, hopefully this will be of some use to Manchester locals as I know the BA1503 had a very loyal following here on this board and elsewhere.
Don't you mean a few months ago?
Old Sep 17, 09, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Skimo View Post
Don't you mean a few months ago?
It feels like it ended when I left the North but yes of course you are right, I can't believe it was only this year!
Old Sep 17, 09, 10:56 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Delta has pulled their MAN-JFK schedule for the Winter, although I think it will come back for the summer, so this is good news!

Cheers,
Rick
Old Sep 17, 09, 11:14 am

Programs: Mucci! And BA Silver previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 5, Bronze 2
Originally Posted by spanishflea View Post
Whilst most AA flights across the atlantic are non miles earning for BAEC, the existing MAN-ORD (and the previous MAN-BOS) flight carries a BA codeshare, so I'd be very confident of the same happening again here.
Is this correct? I thought that you could get no TP or miles on any AA flights to anywhere across the pond? Or is it just to certain cities?
Old Sep 17, 09, 11:18 am
k3v

a had ane email from AA the other day offering man-jfk routes and i did wonder if there was a new route.
Old Sep 17, 09, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by BA or bust View Post
Is this correct? I thought that you could get no TP or miles on any AA flights to anywhere across the pond? Or is it just to certain cities?
Its the codeshare that makes it work, you needto book the BA flight number,
eg Man/Ord

10:35-16 Oct

12:55-16 Oct
Manchester
O'Hare (Chicago)
BA5107
American Airlines
Economy

Direct flight, total journey time: 8 hours 20 minutes
Old Sep 17, 09, 11:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, BD *S, VS Gold, AFKL Petro Club
The MAN-JFK route is apparently only going to be seasonal though.
Old Sep 17, 09, 12:55 pm

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Originally Posted by DYKWIA View Post
Delta has pulled their MAN-JFK schedule for the Winter, although I think it will come back for the summer, so this is good news!

Cheers,
Rick
Its not there to book on the 1st of July 2010..so I suspect you will not see that again..well perhaps not for perhaps 10 years when there's new DL Management in place and they start the service again for 18 months or so and then pull it.

Hopefully 3rd times a charm/lucky as they say.
Old Sep 17, 09, 12:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by BA or bust View Post
I thought the MAN code shares were the exception. Isn't it something to do with the old Bermuda 2 and gateway cities (i.e. not MAN) and the regulaters using that to judge cartels and price fiixing?

I'm sure someone who knows more than me will be along in a minute!
Old Sep 17, 09, 1:01 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by UncleDude View Post
Its not there to book on the 1st of July 2010..so I suspect you will not see that again..well perhaps not for perhaps 10 years when there's new DL Management in place and they start the service again for 18 months or so and then pull it.
It's showing for me. I think it starts back up on 21st April.

Cheers,
Rick

Search this Thread
Search Engine: