FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   MAN-JFK to restart (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/995980-man-jfk-restart.html)

spanishflea Sep 17, 09 10:19 am

MAN-JFK to restart

This news is buried in a thread on American Airlines I imagine most people on this board won't read so I thought I'd split it out into a separate thread.

AA are starting up the Manchester - New York JFK route, replacing BA who pulled off a few years ago. Whilst most AA flights across the atlantic are non miles earning for BAEC, the existing MAN-ORD (and the previous MAN-BOS) flight carries a BA codeshare, so I'd be very confident of the same happening again here.

I imagine that the equipment will be a 757, but even so, hopefully this will be of some use to Manchester locals as I know the BA1503 had a very loyal following here on this board and elsewhere.

Skimo Sep 17, 09 10:22 am

Originally Posted by spanishflea (Post 12395535)
This news is buried in a thread on American Airlines I imagine most people on this board won't read so I thought I'd split it out into a separate thread.

AA are starting up the Manchester - New York JFK route, replacing BA who pulled off a few years ago. Whilst most AA flights across the atlantic are non miles earning for BAEC, the existing MAN-ORD (and the previous MAN-BOS) flight carries a BA codeshare, so I'd be very confident of the same happening again here.

I imagine that the equipment will be a 757, but even so, hopefully this will be of some use to Manchester locals as I know the BA1503 had a very loyal following here on this board and elsewhere.

Don't you mean a few months ago?

spanishflea Sep 17, 09 10:43 am

Originally Posted by Skimo (Post 12395550)
Don't you mean a few months ago?

It feels like it ended when I left the North but yes of course you are right, I can't believe it was only this year!

DYKWIA Sep 17, 09 10:56 am

Delta has pulled their MAN-JFK schedule for the Winter, although I think it will come back for the summer, so this is good news!

Cheers,
Rick

BA or bust Sep 17, 09 11:14 am

Originally Posted by spanishflea (Post 12395535)
Whilst most AA flights across the atlantic are non miles earning for BAEC, the existing MAN-ORD (and the previous MAN-BOS) flight carries a BA codeshare, so I'd be very confident of the same happening again here.

Is this correct? I thought that you could get no TP or miles on any AA flights to anywhere across the pond? Or is it just to certain cities?

k3v Sep 17, 09 11:18 am

a had ane email from AA the other day offering man-jfk routes and i did wonder if there was a new route.

bmiStar Sep 17, 09 11:23 am

Originally Posted by BA or bust (Post 12395834)
Is this correct? I thought that you could get no TP or miles on any AA flights to anywhere across the pond? Or is it just to certain cities?

Its the codeshare that makes it work, you needto book the BA flight number,
eg Man/Ord

10:35-16 Oct

12:55-16 Oct
Manchester
O'Hare (Chicago)
BA5107
American Airlines
Economy

Direct flight, total journey time: 8 hours 20 minutes

Echo J Sep 17, 09 11:28 am

The MAN-JFK route is apparently only going to be seasonal though.

UncleDude Sep 17, 09 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA (Post 12395731)
Delta has pulled their MAN-JFK schedule for the Winter, although I think it will come back for the summer, so this is good news!

Cheers,
Rick

Its not there to book on the 1st of July 2010..so I suspect you will not see that again..well perhaps not for perhaps 10 years when there's new DL Management in place and they start the service again for 18 months or so and then pull it.

Hopefully 3rd times a charm/lucky as they say.

FrancisA Sep 17, 09 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by BA or bust (Post 12395834)

I thought the MAN code shares were the exception. Isn't it something to do with the old Bermuda 2 and gateway cities (i.e. not MAN) and the regulaters using that to judge cartels and price fiixing?

I'm sure someone who knows more than me will be along in a minute!

DYKWIA Sep 17, 09 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by UncleDude (Post 12396463)
Its not there to book on the 1st of July 2010..so I suspect you will not see that again..well perhaps not for perhaps 10 years when there's new DL Management in place and they start the service again for 18 months or so and then pull it.

It's showing for me. I think it starts back up on 21st April.

Cheers,
Rick