Best and worst BA F Lounge

Old Sep 16, 2009, 4:08 am

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life
I have only had time in the CCR for a glass of red, so can't really judge it. On my trip to SFO will definitely be using it although my wife's family will have to 'rough' it in Galleries... although we may take in my wife's parents in as guests...

I loved SYD F lounge best cappuccino I have ever had in an airline lounge, but then Aussies are very fussy coffee drinkers so the standard is much higher there anywhere...
Old Sep 16, 2009, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Teece
The old BOM F 'lounge' used to be pretty poor, but the replacement, now it's finally arrived, sounds much better, even if there's no F section.
The old F lounge still wasn't as bad as NBO.

While no F section, the new BOM Galleries is excellent!
Old Sep 16, 2009, 4:21 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
While no F section, the new BOM Galleries is excellent!
Should hopefully be checking it out in December
Old Sep 16, 2009, 4:41 am

Best - CCR

Worst - TLV - that tiny little 'private room' is cramped and always very crowded before the BA flight. Food is in the regular business lounge and the booze is the same. The service aspect is a joke - one poor girl trying to handle all the DYKWIA types in the lounge.

Honoury mention goes to NRT - Its not a bad lounge (Continental I think) but in a station like NRT with up to 2 747's a day, there is absolutely no excuse not to have an F lounge.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 5:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, M&M, PC PlatAmb, Marriott, SPG
I really like the First lounge in T5, big, bold, sort of trendy, very airy. I also like the First lounge in Gatwick, it is more cosy and I've spent soooo many hours in that place it almost feels like home

hmmm... probably the worst "First" lounge I've been to, was in HKG. It was kind of dull, so I went into the Cathay lounge instead (the very long one with a noodle bar etc), this was much better.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 6:25 am

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life
Originally Posted by 1/4MM@20
Best - CCR

Worst - TLV - that tiny little 'private room' is cramped and always very crowded before the BA flight. Food is in the regular business lounge and the booze is the same. The service aspect is a joke - one poor girl trying to handle all the DYKWIA types in the lounge.

Honoury mention goes to NRT - Its not a bad lounge (Continental I think) but in a station like NRT with up to 2 747's a day, there is absolutely no excuse not to have an F lounge.
If OW Emerald, you should be able to use the JAL First lounge which I was in a few weeks ago, which is excellent, although I found the massage in there a little on the firm side!
Old Sep 16, 2009, 6:31 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 1/4MM@20
It is North West that runs the lounge at NRT.

Originally Posted by itsmeitisss
If OW Emerald, you should be able to use the JAL First lounge which I was in a few weeks ago, which is excellent, although I found the massage in there a little on the firm side!
BA don't operate out of the same terminal as JAL (and every other OW carrier) or has this changed?
Old Sep 16, 2009, 6:49 am

Programs: BA LT Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Moomba
It is North West that runs the lounge at NRT.
BA don't operate out of the same terminal as JAL (and every other OW carrier) or has this changed?
If only... no it is the NW lounge or nothing. JAL (and all the other OW) are over in the other terminal. And yes, if VS can run a "lounge" (a lounge-ette??) for one flight a day, why not BA? The old Terraces (?) lounge was cosy but sooo much nicer than the NW offering.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 7:17 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold
Worst in my travels: TLV and CAI - in both of them, I just took one look, did a 180 and enjoyed the diversity of the airport - - - way too many DYKWIA's in both of them.

Best: CCR.
2nd best: First in LGW.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 8:35 am

Programs: BA GGL; SPG Plat; HH Diamond
Worst has just gotta be NBO - Not Best Option
Old Sep 16, 2009, 9:40 am

Worst F lounge?

MCT must be high on the list of worst. No F lounge, no BA lounge... The Oman Air lounge, to which you get access, is always packed. Don't think you can even get a glass of champagne (but will check Friday night)
Old Sep 16, 2009, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by itsmeitisss
As Moomba points out, BA do not operate from the same terminal as JAL, so there is no JAL First lounge option regardles of OW status. Agree however that JAL First is a lovely lounge (although Im not a big fan of the upstairs part of the lounge - which is supposed to be more exclusive - but I have always found more cramped. Also agree that the massages are not great but still better than the Elemis chair rub thing at LHR
Old Sep 17, 2009, 3:36 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Originally Posted by UpperDeckDude
Hi everyone,

this looks like a soft topic for my debut.....

T5 Galleries First is my favourite. San Francisco is cool, with the nose of a 747 pressed up against the window. LA, Chicago, Gatwick all fine.

Least favourite Newark, but that was probably more to do with the early hour of my flight....
Welcome to FT. Agree all of T5 lounges are lovely, do though like the CCR. SFO yes is good with the 747 pressed up against the window, at least you know what aircraft you are flying on. BOS was lousy some years ago, downstairs in the dungeons, but have heard it has been improved, but bet it is still in the dungeons. JFK nice, not too keen on LGW. LAX F lounge nice and large, a definate improvement making a separate F lounge, as the old one was so small. DXB needs to be improved. Have not done many lounges, but have added my input, am sure though the guys on FT will give you the low down on many more.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by muscat
MCT must be high on the list of worst. No F lounge, no BA lounge... The Oman Air lounge, to which you get access, is always packed. Don't think you can even get a glass of champagne (but will check Friday night)
Nonsense. There is an excellent lounge at MCT - the Chedi.

Takes hardly any time to get from Chedi to gate in my experience.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.