Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MFU Q - Have searched but have specific Q

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2009, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, AA Plat Exec, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador & Marriott Plat
MFU Q - Have searched but have specific Q

I have bought a fully flexible WT+ ticket (one way) from CPT-LHR-NCL. I want to MFU but as my reseidency is UK, website doesn't allow MFU - error says country of origin doesn't match coutry of exec membership or someting similar.

No availabilty showing for J cabin redemptions so what I want to know is are BA liley to make redemptions available between now and my flight BA 58 on 18th Sept so I can MFU or am I gonna be in the WT+ cabin.

I have only recently started flying with BA after a five year hiatus aso MFU's are new to me. I have read that more availabilty shows up at t-24 is this true?

Should I call customer services - I am lowly blue on my way to silver. What is my best MO.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 1:22 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by Dan Dare
I have bought a fully flexible WT+ ticket (one way) from CPT-LHR-NCL. I want to MFU but as my reseidency is UK, website doesn't allow MFU - error says country of origin doesn't match coutry of exec membership or someting similar.

No availabilty showing for J cabin redemptions so what I want to know is are BA liley to make redemptions available between now and my flight BA 58 on 18th Sept so I can MFU or am I gonna be in the WT+ cabin.

I have only recently started flying with BA after a five year hiatus aso MFU's are new to me. I have read that more availabilty shows up at t-24 is this true?

Should I call customer services - I am lowly blue on my way to silver. What is my best MO.
Sadly, you did receive the right error message. The country of departure does indeed have to match your membership country.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 2:44 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Dan Dare
error says country of origin doesn't match coutry of exec membership or someting similar.
But you can still MFU - you just have to call your local Exec Club service centre, rather than do it online.

Also, you may want to call re: J availability. It may be that the domestic sector is "hiding" availability on the CPT leg.

Finally, it looks as though there is a seat available on the 17th, so if you keep checking for LHR-CPT availability, you may get lucky for the 18th as loads look light...
Old Sep 15, 2009, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
Sadly, you did receive the right error message. The country of departure does indeed have to match your membership country.
This is false. The ticket has to be issued in the membership country. You can book MFU for departures ex CPT through your own EC membership page if you are UK based. You will find that the ticket is priced in GBP.

You can also call BA's callcentre in the UK to book it.

If there is J availability then just cancel your ticket on BA.com and book a new ticket through your personal EC page.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, AA Plat Exec, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador & Marriott Plat
Thanks to all for the advice. I checked each day both online for reward availabilty and by phone. Today a reward seat opened up - so I bagged it with a call to the NCL contact centre.

Funnily enough I asked the agent yesterday when I was on the phone if availabilty might ocurr nearer to departure. He said never with it being so close.

Thanks to FT'ers I got not only some sound advice but a NCW seat for my 12 hour journey home.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.