Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Bad customer service? Gold member trying to enter the lounge at Heathrow

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bad customer service? Gold member trying to enter the lounge at Heathrow

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2009, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

CCayley, the problem is of course that just like the BA "you have to have your card with you or you won't get in rule" almost every other major airline has in fact found a way to avoid these problems, and quite frankly I see very few if any such complaints on the boards of anyother major airline on FT (for example).
Old Sep 8, 2009, 4:48 pm
DKI

Programs: BA Gold VS Gold SAS Gold
I agree with the OP- Most of us hardly use the lounge for anything other than 30 mins 95% of the time- the one time we do want the facilities is around family vacation 2/3 times /yr during the usual school holidays when the lounges are quieter anyway. BA know this so what is the issue of relaxing the rules around this time for what is surely less than an hours access. It suddenly won't turn T5 Galleries into Gomorrah...

BTW I say this as a family where both I and my wife are GCH- we have just had twins and always fly premium (except for the nanny going forward who will sit in WT to see the world). So I currently do not need the rules changed for my needs but see the wider benefit to enhance customer experience for those of you not able/willing to pay premium for the family.

Let the wrath begin..
Old Sep 8, 2009, 5:17 pm

Programs: BA GGL, ICC Amb Plat, LH Freq Fly, Hilton Diamond
I'm afraid this whole thread is ridiculous. As has been discussed many times already rules are rules, sometimes people get rounds them or are given flexibility but when you aren't you have to accept it irrespective of whether or not you knew the rule.

Equally rules won't always be correctly applied and sometime you'll get told you can't do something you should have been able to. That's life and we are all only human after all so error will occur.

So onto the point about the boss being a big spender etc., well how do the lounge staff know, if you say well read the CIV score then that's not just based on revenue. A person could spend little money or never fly much but be CEO of an important company that has a big account with BA, they should then have a high CIV, they might work for a smaller company and not have a BA deal and so not be known as a key influencer etc... There are just so many reasons why the ops argument about flexibility just isn't practical in the real world unless BA installed some amazing CRM system that could pick up all sorts of information and even then you would still piss people off.

Do you get a extra child in the lounge with a score of 12 or 50 or 99 or revenue of £x or £y or £z, what is the limit and if I'm one or two points, few thousand pound below it should there then be flexibility around the flexibility etc...

BA do things that annoy me from time to time and that's life. I wouldn't throw away our BA account (for which I am the decision maker I might point out) just because I was delayed on the ground for 2 hours or whatever.

Life is too short and no company can devise perfect rules for people who may be irrational to keep them all happy.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by hfly
CCayley, the problem is of course that just like the BA "you have to have your card with you or you won't get in rule" almost every other major airline has in fact found a way to avoid these problems, and quite frankly I see very few if any such complaints on the boards of anyother major airline on FT (for example).
And yet my many friends at other carriers (and not just at LHR) tell me that they have the exact same arguments. Of course there are some lounges that people cant wait to get back out of, so I suppose we should see it as a compliment.....
Old Sep 8, 2009, 5:23 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Further to a review of this thread, we've decided it would best for all to call time on this one.

Thread closed.

Prospero
Moderator: BAEC forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.