Guesting into CCR as a connecting F pax?

Old Aug 7, 09, 6:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Guesting into CCR as a connecting F pax?

I can't find the answer to this, despite searching the posts and the sticky. There seem to be a lot of these sorts of questions lately, but I can't find this particular scenario covered. I'm especially sorry if it's answered elsewhere.

I'm connecting from europe to a longhaul destination, in F, all on BA, via T5.
A friend will join me on the exact same flights, but not in F.

On the outbound, I know I can guest my friend into the CCR.
Inbound, can I do the same, or does guesting only apply when you're departing in F, rather than using it as arriving (and connecting) F pax?

I'm a GCH so guesting into the flounge is no issue, but CCR is preferred.
Old Aug 7, 09, 6:57 am

Programs: BA
I'm open to correction but as I understand it,if you are inbound to T5 and connecting to either UK domestic BA or to club Europe on the same pnr,then you have access to the CR and ergo so does someone you guest in.

The best person to ask here is probably Dilly or theres another BA staff member here who has more direct involvement in who should have access to the CR.
Their name escapes me but they will be along hopefully
Old Aug 7, 09, 8:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
It's been done to death in various other threads and the collective experience is that yes, you are entitled (I've done it myself), but on occasions, the BA lounge dragon doesn't always think so.
Old Aug 7, 09, 3:55 pm

Au contraire.

The received wisdom is that an arriving F pax does not get to guest someone into the CCR when connecting to another flight.
Old Aug 8, 09, 2:39 am
Original Poster

I'm glad I asked now.

Anyone from the company care to advise on the official rule?
Old Aug 8, 09, 2:52 am

Programs: BAEC, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Gold Passport, Tesco clubcard!
Guest is allowed going out in First but no guest allowed coming inbound and connecting.

If you inbound First on a one world airline, you can use First Lounge, but inbound First on BA is Concorde Room, no guest allowed
Old Aug 15, 09, 2:02 am
Original Poster

Thanks lhrworker.

I hope you won't mind, but I took the liberty of checking this with YouFirst, and they said (of my final inbound leg, shorthaul ex-LHR):

You have access to all lounges including Concorde as you have same day connection in First with one guest.

The only lounge you cant take a guest in to is the arrive Lounges, I hope this helps.
All quite confusing! I'll take a print-out of their email I suppose...
Old Aug 15, 09, 3:32 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by ex-ams View Post
Thanks lhrworker.

I hope you won't mind, but I took the liberty of checking this with YouFirst, and they said (of my final inbound leg, shorthaul ex-LHR):

All quite confusing! I'll take a print-out of their email I suppose...
Thats exactly what I thought.
I actually remember now someone who definitely did get access to the concorde room on a same day connection.I knew there was good reason for me thinking that.
So yes bring that with you a print out of the reply from You first.

As always lounge access in the not too often used scenario's needs a pinch of salt as it can depend on the door person,right or wrong.

So I could still be wrong.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: