Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Some people have no manners

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2009, 8:33 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Perhaps the title might be better rendered as "No Consideration"?
Old Aug 4, 2009, 8:43 am

Programs: BA Exec Silver, BA Amex Premium Plus
Although I can understand the frustration from the OP observation if he was waiting for the printer to be free, however, if this guy were purposely wasting resources where available at the cost of somebody else, it would be a complete different matter. But as long as the food wasn’t wasted and the printed material didn’t ended up in the bin, then it’s up to the individual how much to eat and how many to print.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 8:46 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
As for breakfast, well it could have been he was particularly hungry, but sounds as if it was a bit like 'let me grab as much of this free stuff as I can'.
I'm pretty hungry in the mornings and normally have some breakfast at home and more when I get to work. When faced with a buffet breakfast, whether in the Arrivals Louinge or a hotel, it often has to keep me going all morning and I will typically get through 4-5 plates of food, although not all of these will be cooked - some may be cereal or fruit. A recent exception was the St Regis Grand in Rome, where the breakfast was so outstanding, and the breakfast room so stunning, that it was more like 6-7.

Originally Posted by Shuttle-Bored
enter the lounge and get a coupon book to use the facilities - 2 coupons for champagne,
Two glasses of champagne each would be a massive improvement in the Arrivals Lounge.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 8:47 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
Originally Posted by OPebble
Perhaps the title might be better rendered as "No Consideration"?
Then I think most people would assume it was about contract law.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Shuttle-Bored
(black and white, mind, and draft quality only...).
Like the boarding passes

This is the one thing that REALLY annoys me about BA, I wish they were in colour.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Petrus
I mean seriously you freeloading scum? Some people have no manners.

Judge not, lest ye be judged...
Old Aug 4, 2009, 9:03 am

I have been a long time lurker on Flyertalk and by my username you can all guess who I am.

Firstly, I do apologise profusely to the OP - Petrus for any inconvenience and discomfort I might've caused him this morning.

Actually I was sitting right next to him while he was typing this thread. I didn't want to confront him or say anything while there are others around.

I didn't mean to sneak and peak to his screen, but after a few "FU*K" uttered by the OP (I guess it is prob because he lost his post on a Marriott thread) I couldn't help and noticed he was logging onto Flyertalk at the same time.

The printing I did today was for my dissertation and it involved a lot of annual reports of companies. I deliberately printed 2 to a page and double sided to reduce the amount of paper and time used.

When I was there, there were no one else in the computer printing area. As the OP would've witnessed, when one of the BA staff needed to print something, I immediately cancelled my print queue and allowed the person to print straight away. I also apologised to that person waiting. I am by no means trying to hog the printer and treat it as my own.

I have suspended and cancelled my printing for at least 10 times this morning so others who needed access to printing can do so. At no time did I witness anyone waiting for more than 1-2 minutes (while the printer cancels my job and process theirs).

I am thankful that as part of my premium ticket BA does allow printing access for me, which would've saved me a lot of money. You can call me a freeloader etc... But you have no right to call me a scum. All I am trying to do is save a bit of money and as I had some time in the morning to burn in the lounge.

As for the stereotype of me being in the Mid 20s, I am really flattered. by the looks of your dresscode and your apperance (an A&F Blue shirt, slightly untucked) you don't seem to be that much older.

For the breakfast situation. I do apologised that I ate in the computer area, as I tried to get out of the lounge asap. I did recall I tried to be quite and didn't make much noise. So I am again sorry for disturbing you while you were browsing the internet.
I deliberately selected to back row of the computers to be discrete. When I was logged on, no one was there and by the time I came back with the food you just came in and sat there. Because I already logged on and have the files opened, so I couldn't relocate to another work station immediately. I should've paid more attention to people surrounding me.

Also I didn't realise you needed to use the printer, which didn't seem to be the case as I couldn't see other prints sent to the queue.

The breakfast was my first meal in 18 hours as I was on a Middle Eastern flight and I forgot it is a Sleeper Service.

For the record, just in case certain BA staffer here already accused me of "bit like 'let me grab as much of this free stuff as I can'" I had the following on my plate:

2 X Sausages, 2 X hashbrown, 1X Tomato, 4 pieces of solider bread, 1 spoon of scrambled eggs and 5 pieces of mushroom. I also had a 1.5 litre of Highland springs water with that.

I am really sorry if that is more than the normal allocated to a Club World passenger and I will take note next time of what I take from the buffet.

Once again I am really sorry for the trouble I caused today.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 9:13 am

printingandbreakfast - welcome to Flyertalk. It's good to hear your side of the story - all sounds perfectly reasonable and entirely well mannered behaviour. I hope you'll stick around, in spite of the circumstances that brought you to FT.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 9:17 am
Gaz

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, UA Gold
All of a sudden this thread has become really quite good.

printingandbreakfast, welcome to FT!
Old Aug 4, 2009, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by printingandbreakfast
2 X Sausages, 2 X hashbrown, 1X Tomato, 4 pieces of solider bread, 1 spoon of scrambled eggs and 5 pieces of mushroom. I also had a 1.5 litre of Highland springs water with that.
Welcome to FT printingandbreakfast. ^

Not unreasonable a breakfast at all. The plates are not large anyway.

What is this soldier bread of which you speak?
Old Aug 4, 2009, 9:30 am

Programs: BA Silver / Bonyoy Platinum
Recently, in the Concorde Room Board Room, I went to print 2 pages from an online OU course I am doing and somehow it started to print the entire 150 page course book. I tried everything to clear the print queue, turned off the printer etc but in the end they had to get a technician to come and clear it. It probably would have been quicker to just let the printer run its course!

Luckily there are two printers in the Board Room and the other people there could see I didn't mean such a large print run.

Of course while dealing with this I managed to continue to consume copious amounts of expensive champagne while attempting to save BA £1.50 in printer consumables
Old Aug 4, 2009, 9:30 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
No judgement, but I do find it ironic that printingandbreakfast states that it's good his premium ticket allows him to save money on printing. So it's okay to spend loads on a J class ticket but you're skimping on printing?

Of course the ticket could have been a redemption ticket.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 9:31 am
Original Poster

snip...
Welcome to FT and sorry this was your introduction. This is one of those internet legends in making.

It's a small world. Apologies for calling you things, I was not in the best mood. I still stand by my word regarding food however. And someone clearly peaked on my screen, which I also think is not OK.

The A&F tee was part of my sleepwear. I did wear PJ's but changed them before leaving the plane. As for the marriott thread I accidentally pressed the wrong mouse button and the browsr stepped back...which lost the text hence a swear word.

I hope your dissertation goes well. ^

Last edited by Petrus; Aug 4, 2009 at 9:41 am
Old Aug 4, 2009, 9:32 am

Programs: VS Au, Skywards Au, BA Exec Ag, HH Diamond, Taj Au
I have been a long time lurker on Flyertalk and by my username you can all guess who I am.

I loved that response, but really, four pieces of soldier bread, I mean, come on, three is enough for anyone and that last mushroom is just really, really greedy.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 9:34 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
For the record, just in case certain BA staffer here already accused me of "bit like 'let me grab as much of this free stuff as I can'" I had the following on my plate:
Hi and welcome to FT ^

What I actually said was:

As for breakfast, well it could have been he was particularly hungry, but sounds as if it was a bit like 'let me grab as much of this free stuff as I can'. However, I wasn't there so could be entirely wrong.
I have emboldened the other parts of the paragraph (which you left out of the above comment), including the part which says I could be entirely wrong. Clearly in this case I was so my apologies if any offence was caused.

Despite numerous trips in CW I've not once used the Arrivals lounge at LHR or LGW so wouldn't know what people normally eat for breakfast. Special K and milk is all I normally have, but I think I'm in a minority for eating small breakfasts!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.