Some people have no manners

Old Aug 16, 2014, 7:49 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Some people have no manners

This is a five year old thread... Serious thread necrophilia going on here...
Old Aug 16, 2014, 8:02 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I suspect that I am the cause of this as it was mentioned in another thread and I remembered the thread but not all the melodrama.

However I, too, try not to judge others but I certainly can judge behaviour and whether it is polite or otherwise. I remember being on a train whilst some woman bellowed instructions to people who were clearly her subordinates. Seriously this woman had the edge on me for treacly insincerity (you try reading some of the drivel I am supposed to announce over the PA (the bit about Well Being Excercises being a case in point)) and her voice sounded like a collection of saucepans falling down Mont Blanc. her name was Henrietta. The train in general and the carriage in particular were left in little doubt of her name or her importance. This was in First Class I might add.

Finally a man who could stand it no more interrupted this stream of condescension and ill concealed demands to apologise for clearly intruding in her office!. The silence was deafening - then applause erupted (this was Essex after all). I think that she had got the point.

Now, if I were to be judgemental, I would say that she was an highly opinioned, asserted and aggressive young woman. However, she may be charming when not being Queen Bee! She may be brilliant at what she does.

She may one day be found by the side of the railway line. Others may not be as tolerant as us
Only back 5 minutes and already causing havoc! But much appreciated, enjoyable havoc
Old Aug 16, 2014, 10:29 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, BA Amex Prem, BA Amex Business, Amex Platinum, Coutts Silk, Hilton Diamond etc.
Well that's 40mins of my life I'm not getting back, but thank you kindly Dr GALORE (yes I do pay attention!) for causing the resurrection of a vintage piece of FT history!
Old Aug 16, 2014, 6:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3 *G, EY Gold, AZ CFP (ST E+). Hilton Gold
I read this thread a few weeks ago after it was mentioned in another one, and I have to say this was one of the best on FT. Absolutely loved it.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 1:26 am

Hadn't seen this thread before it was referenced in another post the other day. Really funny. Glad it had another outing, so to speak.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 1:27 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
I'm sure that quite a few folks will appreciate the irony in someone bumping a 5 year old thread entitled "Some people have no manners" .....
Like fine whine, FT only gets better with age...
Old Aug 18, 2014, 1:37 am

Programs: QF, FI, BA, HHonors & Le Club Accorhotels
Originally Posted by chris1979
Bumping a 5 year old thread?
I had no idea lol
Old Aug 18, 2014, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by OldHigsonian
I wouldn't be surprised if printer ink turned out to be more expensive than BA's best champagne.
Printer ink has to be better than Monopole, the best CE has to offer!
Old Aug 19, 2014, 5:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Originally Posted by layz
Printer ink has to be better than Monopole, the best CE has to offer!
Trust you
Old Aug 19, 2014, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by Petrus
For clarity there's regular Tylenol Extra Strength. This is a pain relief a 500mg with main ingredient being acetaminophen, known as Paracetamol outside US.

The recommended dose for an adult is 2x500mg.

There is also Tylenol PM, which is exactly as above however with added 25mg Diphenhydramine.

I'm a fairly big guy (189cm 86kg/6'2 190lb) so x2 is not really a heavy dose. I am most certainly not a pill addict, however I do find it very difficult to get constant sleep on planes.
having only just read this thread, what a great comedy scene this would have made??
BTW - Petrus, have you should try Piriton, the anti-histamine, they always do the trick despite noisy surroundings.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
Like fine whine, FT only gets better with age...
Almost like wine, then?
Old May 27, 2016, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Sat in GF and bemused to see the behaviour of some patrons.

They be talking and behaving like:

- Feet on tables
- Talking at 100db about their summer plans (might go to: Ibizia, Southern France, Hamptons, Burning Man... nothing booked yet mind)
- Trading well with Brent at the moment
- Getting a new Submariner this year apparently
- Moaning that Jonathan bought a 991 4s. LOL! He should have gotten a California. What a tool.

I shall now kills myself slowly with wine while contemplating what another patron said here today: people have gone from a sense of appreciation to a sense of entitlement.

Agree entirely. Assume the worst in people and be positively surprised or vice versa...

(Last post was Aug 14 so technically not bumping an old thread).
Old May 27, 2016, 11:20 am

Programs: VS Silver, EK Gold, BA GGL/CCR
Sat in GF and bemused to see the behaviour of some patrons.

They be talking and behaving like:

- Feet on tables
- Talking at 100db about their summer plans (might go to: Ibizia, Southern France, Hamptons, Burning Man... nothing booked yet mind)
- Trading well with Brent at the moment
- Getting a new Submariner this year apparently
- Moaning that Jonathan bought a 991 4s. LOL! He should have gotten a California. What a tool.

I shall now kills myself slowly with wine while contemplating what another patron said here today: people have gone from a sense of appreciation to a sense of entitlement.

Agree entirely. Assume the worst in people and be positively surprised or vice versa...

(Last post was Aug 14 so technically not bumping an old thread).
In fairness what do you expect slumming it in GF? There's always the option of the CCR - a much better class of annoying whinger in there!
Old May 27, 2016, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Aztec_Flyer
In fairness what do you expect slumming it in GF? There's always the option of the CCR - a much better class of annoying whinger in there!
^^

I feel so inferior now.
Old May 27, 2016, 11:33 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
^^

I feel so inferior now.
Is KARFA not around to guest you into CCR?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.