Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Some people have no manners

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2009, 11:44 am

Programs: Mucci Diamond Hairbrush. And Nouveau Bronze
I read threads like this, and it makes me realise why the Daily Mail gets handed out on BA flights
Old Aug 7, 2009, 12:50 pm

Location: IAD, and sometimes OMNI/PR. Currently: not far from IAD, but home will always be SAN (not far from the "touch my junk and I'll have you arrested" Memorial TSA Check Point) even if I'm not there so much these days.
Programs: UA, CO, Calcifer Award for Mad Haiku Skillz
Originally Posted by printingandbreakfast
I have been a long time lurker on Flyertalk and by my username you can all guess who I am . . .

(text removed by yrf so I don't take up a lot of space when I'm only responding with a brief note)

. . . Once again I am really sorry for the trouble I caused today.
Best. FT Post. Ever! Welcome aboard, p and b, and best of luck with your dissertation.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 1:44 pm

Location: IAD, and sometimes OMNI/PR. Currently: not far from IAD, but home will always be SAN (not far from the "touch my junk and I'll have you arrested" Memorial TSA Check Point) even if I'm not there so much these days.
Programs: UA, CO, Calcifer Award for Mad Haiku Skillz
Originally Posted by Petrus
No doubt

This is what you get posting in a grumpy mood post night flight from a lounge half drugged up on sleeping pills.

I still think my 'nemesis' should get some flak for slobbing around the computers and peaking over my shoulder

I am now in the GF work + entertainment area and I'm carefully scanning the room for each letter I type.
Good grief, what with the "waknig" and "peaking", this has gone beyond 'manners' and has strayed into the minefield of "intimate acts not to be performed in public". Over your shoulder, you say?
Old Aug 7, 2009, 1:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by onobond
The text on the flyers?

"Dear Car Owner/Driver,

Noticing Your Car beeing parked here leeds us to think there is a misunderstanding. This area is designated for shoppers with a physical handicap. Customer with other disabilities are requested to use regular parking area"

I just wished he had told me about this ploy, as I would have liked to see the faces of those reading that flyer.

Love it
Old Aug 7, 2009, 3:50 pm

You have just reminded me of a prank we played on a night shift in the computer room at the Shell Centre at Waterloo. Shell's new colour copier was used to print a few hundred tickets and, in the wee small hours, we applied them to loads of cars, vans, trucks and coaches in the Waterloo area - even a train or two overnighting in the London Terminus got one under the windscreen wiper! The message was written by our Systems Analyst (IBM 360) and was unmistakeably British, but this example of plagarism for the US Market is all I can find. THe references to the "herd of elephants" and the "fleas infesting your armits" are unmistakeably the remarks of the original author though - and he wrote it in the early 1970's.

Well - we found it funny and so did London Weekend Television - but no one ever found out who did it!

Last edited by bealine; Aug 8, 2009 at 1:38 am
Old Aug 7, 2009, 6:01 pm

Programs: PLAT -- 2.7Million
Originally Posted by printingandbreakfast
The breakfast was my first meal in 18 hours as I was on a Middle Eastern flight and I forgot it is a Sleeper Service.
Please help me out here.
I will be flying my first BA First Class this month, LHR/DXB/LHR.
Isn't Sleeper Service something you can request? If you don't request it, can you get a dinner on-board?

Please forgive me for interrupting this enthralling thread.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 6:07 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club, various other pittances
Sleeper Service is only applicable to Club World (Business) flights. It's designed to maximise your sleep onboard and instead of the usual meal service you dine in the lounge beforehand. Then, when onboard, you'll be offered cookies / something quick with the view in mind of sleeping early and keeping disruption to a minimum.

You can't request it as certain flights are listed as Sleeper Services. If you don't eat in the lounge generally you won't be able to get a full meal onboard.

If you're travelling in First the full meal service remains.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 6:11 pm

Programs: PLAT -- 2.7Million
Originally Posted by sbpeat
Sleeper Service is only applicable to Club World (Business) flights. It's designed to maximise your sleep onboard and instead of the usual meal service you dine in the lounge beforehand. Then, when onboard, you'll be offered cookies / something quick with the view in mind of sleeping early and keeping disruption to a minimum.

You can't request it as certain flights are listed as Sleeper Services. If you don't eat in the lounge generally you won't be able to get a full meal onboard.

If you're travelling in First the full meal service remains.
Thank you!

Y'all may now return to your regularly scheduled posting.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 7:28 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by thijsseh
Is that really true? I was brought up NOT to let a lady go first up the stairs in order not to give the impression I wanted to stare at her ankles (well, ankles is what was said, I now - 50+ years later - know what my mother had in mind...
No Darling you are supposed to catch the lady on her way down. I learned this and many other things at my Swish Finishing School.

Anyhow you are supposed to save her from falling and that is nonsense as how many of us weak, innocent, suceptible and credulous Demoiselles have not fallen for the likes of some of them here. I mention no names.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 10:44 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Welcome, printingandbreakfast! Great username!
Old Aug 10, 2009, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by sbpeat
you dine in the lounge beforehand. Then, when onboard, you'll be offered cookies
Apart from the middle east flights leaving around 2am or so where no dining in the lounge options are available. Food is available in the lounges but I would not consider the selection adequate for 'dining'.

Cookies are always good, especially the ones with white chocolate chips.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 1:31 pm

Programs: Virgin Silver, BA Blue, HHonors, Priority Club
^ x 2 for the cookies with white choccy chips. They went just perfectly with the hot chocolate (also excellent) on my Sleeper Service.

As for printing, I've not read all the pages on this topic because my brain went to bed without me an hour ago, but while appreciating that one can use the lounge facilities on offer (and yes, printing out 100 page docs seems reasonable enough for this music biz/violinist type) - one should ALWAYS quickly inform those around you sharing the shame printer that you are about to embark upon this and do they want to pint off a single page before you get started... That way, problems and aggravation are neatly solved and you radiate an aura of being a kind and considerate person...

Hmm I think the 3/4 bottle of AtoZ Oregon white last night is taking effect so time for me to follow my brain to bed for a nap...
Old Aug 10, 2009, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
No Darling you are supposed to catch the lady on her way down. I learned this and many other things at my Swish Finishing School.

Anyhow you are supposed to save her from falling and that is nonsense as how many of us weak, innocent, suceptible and credulous Demoiselles have not fallen for the likes of some of them here. I mention no names.

Bringing some peace negotiations to the table, I'll compliment you both on beeing right. Going up a flight of stairs, the man walks first, for discretion as tjisseh states. Going down, however, you are right. The man walks first, for security reasons. Also the risk of observing the occasional ankle sustantially lower.

What really caught my eye was the referral to your education. My first association to Swish was some sort of fast track, But us less educated need to learn, so I consulted Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swish

but wasn't sure I'd been enlightened - basket ball?

Old Aug 10, 2009, 3:10 pm

Programs: BA gold
Originally Posted by onobond
What really caught my eye was the referral to your education. My first association to Swish was some sort of fast track, But us less educated need to learn, so I consulted Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swish

but wasn't sure I'd been enlightened - basket ball?

Perhaps it's the next one down on the list ;-)
Old Aug 10, 2009, 5:46 pm

Programs: BA GGL & LTG, EK Silver, HHonors Lifetime Diamond; Proudly Mucci Free - total nonsense
Imagine the shock, horror, and pain to humanity if the poor guy had dared to open the blind on his window mid-flight.

Some people need to chill out sometimes. Life's too short for unwarranted stress.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.