Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Some people have no manners

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2009, 4:54 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
My mother is a disabled blue badge holder and often has trouble parking in one of our local supermarkets because of the selfish mothers who think having a child is the same as disablement.

Nothing makes me angrier to see these fully able bodied, (mostly) younger women who've chosen to have a child take a space from someone who is unable to walk but had no choice in the matter.

Please ..... don't get me started on this subject.
Taking disabled spaces when you are not disabled is unacceptable in my view. Totally agree.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 5:12 pm

Programs: Mucci Master of the Skies, Does anyone read any further than Mucci anyway? BAEC Blue
It's not just manners though. It's respect as well. People don't have respect for others anymore.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 6:19 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
.... and don't be like the pax on one of my recent long hauls who took Tylenol, mixed it with alcohol and had an unfortunate reaction which completely spaced him out, then knocked him out, leaving him with no recollection of the flight...
Tylenol = paracetamol? Being spaced out because of paracetamol and alcohol would be quite an achievement (unless alcohol was of substantial amount).

I usually don't need sleeping pills on the plane. Any mode of transport puts me to sleep as long as I'm not eating.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 1:03 am

Programs: BA EC Gold
My mother is a disabled blue badge holder and often has trouble parking in one of our local supermarkets because of the selfish mothers who think having a child is the same as disablement.

Nothing makes me angrier to see these fully able bodied, (mostly) younger women who've chosen to have a child take a space from someone who is unable to walk but had no choice in the matter.

Please ..... don't get me started on this subject.
Oh I completely agree! I just cannot fathom how anyone can justify using a disabled parking bay if they're not disabled. It just escapes me completely.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 1:08 am
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Gosh I missed that one - can you point me to the post please?
Well I was just picking funny lines from a few posts but with that as a title we would get all sorts on this board after a google search

AKS120
Old Aug 7, 2009, 1:18 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ajax
...most people don't complain if they're the ones benefiting.
Funny how that works, innit?

cheers,

Henry
Old Aug 7, 2009, 1:21 am

My understanding of the original post on this (which I have now re-read and have to admit I misread)...
Is that a back-handed apology? tsk tsk Some people have no manners...

cheers,

Henry
Old Aug 7, 2009, 1:23 am

...selfish mothers who think having a child is the same as disablement.

Hear, hear.

cheers,

Henry
Old Aug 7, 2009, 1:29 am

Programs: BA Gold/ Hilton Gold/ SPG Gold/ PriorityClub Platinum /Marriot Gold/ Amex Plat
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Tylenol = paracetamol? Being spaced out because of paracetamol and alcohol would be quite an achievement (unless alcohol was of substantial amount).
Would not be a surprise with Tylenol PM which seemingly contains some kind of ingredient to assists people in getting to sleep.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 2:03 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by gcollett
Would not be a surprise with Tylenol PM which seemingly contains some kind of ingredient to assists people in getting to sleep.
I'm no medic but there were 2 doctors on the UD on this particular flight.

They both said that they had heard of cases where this combination had created these results in a small percentage of people. Not sure of the exact variant of Tylenol that caused this reaction.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 2:10 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by henry999
Is that a back-handed apology? tsk tsk Some people have no manners...

cheers,

Henry
Touché... However only a partial apology.

Even if it's *only* taking parent and child spaces rather than disabled spaces I can't see how knowingly doing something which may cause inconvenience to others in greater need is a good example to set.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 2:31 am
Original Poster

For clarity there's regular Tylenol Extra Strength. This is a pain relief a 500mg with main ingredient being acetaminophen, known as Paracetamol outside US.

The recommended dose for an adult is 2x500mg.

There is also Tylenol PM, which is exactly as above however with added 25mg Diphenhydramine.

I'm a fairly big guy (189cm 86kg/6'2 190lb) so x2 is not really a heavy dose. I am most certainly not a pill addict, however I do find it very difficult to get constant sleep on planes.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 2:38 am

I can't see how knowingly doing something which may cause inconvenience to others in greater need is a good example to set.
Sorry, but you are once again jumping to conclusions that are completely unwarranted. Who are you to say that, for example, a parent going shopping with one child ipso facto has a 'greater need' for that parking space than someone in any number of other painful, exhausted or equally unpleasant circumstances, about which you are necessarily unaware?

cheers,

Henry
Old Aug 7, 2009, 2:52 am

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Petrus

There is also Tylenol PM, which is exactly as above however with added 25mg Diphenhydramine.
Ah, those 'drowsy' antihistamines. A piece of chocolate puts me to sleep better than those 'rubbish'
Old Aug 7, 2009, 3:02 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by _nate
And of course if you are climbing stairs with a lady, you should walk ahead of her on the way down lest she fall, but allow her to walk in front on the way up. I wonder if anybody has devised a "gentlemen proficiency test" involving a complex course of stairs, roads, seats and doors.
Is that really true? I was brought up NOT to let a lady go first up the stairs in order not to give the impression I wanted to stare at her ankles (well, ankles is what was said, I now - 50+ years later - know what my mother had in mind...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.