Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Strange schedule to ACC on the Sun 9/Mon 10 August

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2009, 2:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue, VS Silver

Can any shed on any light on this very strange schedule. My wife's colleague is supposed to be flying to ACC on Monday 11 August but he was told by the travel agent no flights exist on that date.

I subsequently check seatcounter.com and all shows 0 through the classes. Then I try a dummy booking on ba.com, it shows "No flights available" on Sun 9 August and Mon 10 August.

Now this is the weird thing, the ACC-LHR leg on both dates are listed as operating. The LHR<->ACC is operated by a single 767, it flies from LHR to ACC, stops for 2 hours or so and then flies back.

This will be logistically strange because of the positioning of the crews.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 2:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by johnny5a
Can any shed on any light on this very strange schedule. Monday 11 August ... "No flights available" on Sun 9 August and Mon 10 August.
There's some light shed for a start.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
It must be a problem with BA.com as the staff travel site shows it operating on all days including 9/10/11 August. The flights are on a 767 and is nearly full in all classes for the 3 days.
CIHY
Old Aug 4, 2009, 3:08 am

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
Can any shed on any light on this very strange schedule. My wife's colleague is supposed to be flying to ACC on Monday 11 August but he was told by the travel agent no flights exist on that date. I subsequently check seatcounter.com and all shows 0 through the classes. Then I try a dummy booking on ba.com, it shows "No flights available" on Sun 9 August and Mon 10 August. Now this is the weird thing, the ACC-LHR leg on both dates are listed as operating. The LHR<->ACC is operated by a single 767, it flies from LHR to ACC, stops for 2 hours or so and then flies back. This will be logistically strange because of the positioning of the crews.
BA81 flies daily LHR-ACC but will not be available to book on ba.com if all seats have already been sold!

[KVS Availability Tool 5.0.2/Platinum - WSpan: Availability/ITN/US-WOT]
Code:
LHR  London Heathrow UK [EGLL]
ACC  Accra Kotoka GH [DGAA]
MON  10 Aug 2009

Carrier    Flight  From  Depart    To    Arrive    A/C  St  Availability
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  --  ---------------------------------------------------------
BA         81      LHR   14:25     ACC   20:20     767  0   J0 C0 D0 R0 I0 E0 Y0 B0 H0 K0 M0 L0 V0 S0 N0 Q0 O0 G0 0 0
2 seats in J available 11 August:

Code:
TUE  11 Aug 2009

---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  --  ---------------------------------------------------------
BA         81      LHR   14:25     ACC   20:20     767  0   J2 C0 D0 R0 I0 E0 Y0 B0 H0 K0 M0 L0 V0 S0 N0 Q0 O0 G0 0 0
1 seat in Y available on 9 August:

Code:
SUN  09 Aug 2009

BA         81      LHR   14:25     ACC   20:20     767  0   J0 C0 D0 R0 I0 E0 Y1 B0 H0 K0 M0 L0 V0 S0 N0 Q0 O0 G0 0 0
Old Aug 4, 2009, 3:12 am
Original Poster

I find it hard to believe it's booked out on a weekend. normally yes on a weekday.

The travel agent said the flight is not operating on those days...... very weird
Old Aug 4, 2009, 3:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
There's some light shed for a start.
hmm i got my dates completely mixed up....

how you doing?
Old Aug 4, 2009, 3:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
hmm i got my dates completely mixed up....

how you doing?
Trying to do an honest day's work in CAI. I've got a visit scheduled to the LHR T5 CCR on the afternoon of Saturday 5 September (or maybe it's the 4th or 6th ) if you need a lounge invitation that day.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 3:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
... if you need a lounge invitation that day.
Tempting just to book any flight that day... just to see the CCR! but sadly I will be in Peru.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 7:46 am

I find it hard to believe it's booked out on a weekend. normally yes on a weekday.
Are you kidding? The LON-ACC market is primarily weekend demand.

In order by traffic : Sat, Sun, Thu, Tue, Fri, Mon, Wed

The return ACC-LON is similar :

In order by traffic : Sat, Fri, Mon, Wed, Sun, Tue, Thu

Load factors into Ghana have been 95%+ this summer and continue to be very strong, so a sellout is very easy to believe.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 7:54 am

Programs: BA, VS,
Originally Posted by B747-437B
Are you kidding? The LON-ACC market is primarily weekend demand.

In order by traffic : Sat, Sun, Thu, Tue, Fri, Mon, Wed

The return ACC-LON is similar :

In order by traffic : Sat, Fri, Mon, Wed, Sun, Tue, Thu

Load factors into Ghana have been 95%+ this summer and continue to be very strong, so a sellout is very easy to believe.

Well put Sean
Old Aug 4, 2009, 11:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Sounds like a bump opportunity. What does BA offer for IDB/VDB compensation?
Old Aug 4, 2009, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Can any shed on any light on this very strange schedule. My wife's colleague is supposed to be flying to ACC on Monday 11
If you can't do BA you can easily do KL via AMS. If you really have to, that is.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 12:55 pm

I'd suggest Ghana International but they are also sold out both Saturday and Sunday.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by B747-437B
I'd suggest Ghana International but they are also sold out both Saturday and Sunday.
if that is the case, what is so special about this forthcoming weekend?
Old Aug 4, 2009, 2:56 pm

if that is the case, what is so special about this forthcoming weekend?
Nothing in particular, but Ghana International has been sold out from London every Saturday since 11JUL and every Sunday since 28JUN, so this is not anything out of the ordinary. It's summer, this happens every year.

PS. If you think this is bad, try getting a seat leaving Accra on ANY carrier between 21AUG and 01SEP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.