Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CW Luggage Tags.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2009, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Delta Skymiles, Hilton Honors, IHG One Rewards, Melia Rewards
CW Luggage Tags.

Need a little help on a very minor matter!

Going on a trip fairly soon, departing from a regional airp,then via LHR. My regional airport does not now have any CW luggage tags, & from my previous experience I won't be able to get any in T5 or the Lounge. As I won't be checking in there, can't get them there either!

If anyone is willing to send me some, I would be very grateful & more than willing to pay postage etc. Please contact me if you can help!

Many thanks,

Gaz
Old Jul 30, 2009, 11:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum
You are aware they do nothing, right?
Old Jul 30, 2009, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
No need for them, as priority luggage is determined by the barcode on the printed destination tag.

You can buy them on eBay, along with First and Concorde tags if you're that pretentious ..
Old Jul 30, 2009, 11:12 am

Programs: BA Exec Club, various other pittances
Depending on when you're going you might want to order these yourself via the member homepage (Executive Club items).

However I personally wouldn't bother - they might (operative word) come out earlier at your final destination but there's no guarantee. Seems a lot of hassle for very marginal gain I think.

In my experience, when I have used tags, it seems to be the stimulus for baggage staff to play the 'let's see how high we can drop this bag from before it cracks' game.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 11:13 am

Programs: BAEC Blue
Originally Posted by gaz68
Need a little help on a very minor matter!

Going on a trip fairly soon, departing from a regional airp,then via LHR. My regional airport does not now have any CW luggage tags, & from my previous experience I won't be able to get any in T5 or the Lounge. As I won't be checking in there, can't get them there either!

If anyone is willing to send me some, I would be very grateful & more than willing to pay postage etc. Please contact me if you can help!

Many thanks,

Gaz
For what point? They make absolutely no difference
Old Jul 30, 2009, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sbpeat
Depending on when you're going you might want to order these yourself via the member homepage (Executive Club items).

However I personally wouldn't bother - they might (operative word) come out earlier at your final destination but there's no guarantee. Seems a lot of hassle for very marginal gain I think.

In my experience, when I have used tags, it seems to be the stimulus for baggage staff to play the 'let's see how high we can drop this bag from before it cracks' game.
You can only order EC Bag tags via ba.com, not the paper Club tags.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by sbpeat
I think the OP is referring to the Club World paper luggage tags rather than the Executive Club Gold/Silver plastic luggage tags.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 11:17 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Lufthansa Silver, BA Amex, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by Seated in First
You are aware they do nothing, right?
Have to echo this view. The tags are utterly pointless. I suspect though even if they don't have CW tags they may still have generic priority tags, although why you would pay for them I don't know.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 11:22 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

The current tag designs definitely have an aesthetic appeal. As others have mentioned - they serve little functional purpose.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Delta Skymiles, Hilton Honors, IHG One Rewards, Melia Rewards
Yeah it's the paper luggage labels I'm after & not the BAEC cards, & yes I would be travelling in CW (the cabin that they pertain to).
Old Jul 30, 2009, 12:22 pm

Programs: It's better to have loved and lost than never have loved at all
Sod the paper and silver tags, get yourself some oversize flourescent yellow Flyertalk luggage tags. The only ones that'll get you an ounce of respect from anyone worth giving it.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 12:42 pm

Programs: Mucci Entry Level, BA Gold, EK Pleb, SK Pleb, QR Pleb
Originally Posted by Jonobigblind
Sod the paper and silver tags, get yourself some oversize flourescent yellow Flyertalk luggage tags. The only ones that'll get you an ounce of respect from anyone worth giving it.
Yes!

I have customized them a bit as I think they're too long. But both my checked luggage as well as my carry-on are nicely decorated with Flyertalk tags
Old Jul 30, 2009, 1:21 pm

Programs: It's better to have loved and lost than never have loved at all
Originally Posted by Lobengula
Yes!

I have customized them a bit as I think they're too long. But both my checked luggage as well as my carry-on are nicely decorated with Flyertalk tags
Pimp my tags - love the idea!

Will customise mine ahead of flights next month. good tip, many thanks!!
Old Jul 30, 2009, 2:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I've got a bundle of BA First and CW labels as well as Emirates,Thai, QF, LH,TAM,AZ,SAS,KLM,AF,IB,AY...........Always grab a bundle as one never knows when they might come in handy.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 2:23 pm

Programs: Mucci Entry Level, BA Gold, EK Pleb, SK Pleb, QR Pleb
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I've got a bundle of BA First and CW labels as well as Emirates,Thai, QF, LH,TAM,AZ,SAS,KLM,AF,IB,AY...........Always grab a bundle as one never knows when they might come in handy.
You do know the "Hunter Gatherer" theory? Men are hunters and women gatherers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.