Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

[Q: When is the] Next BA Sale? [A: We don't know]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 20, 2013, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Moderator note:
This thread was archived on 01 February 2015. You can follow the active discussion in the When is the next BA sale? thread.

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
Print Wikipost

[Q: When is the] Next BA Sale? [A: We don't know]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2013, 8:36 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by billinghamn
One of our favourites is available in Jun as well:

• BRU-LHR (I)
  • LCY-JFK (I)
  • JFK-LAX (I - only business)
  • LAX-HNL (A)

And return for £1,799 and 1200 TPs.

This together with a HNL-LAX-MIA-SJU and return which is available for £962 and 920 TPs would make a heck of a mileage run.
If you really want to milk an extra 70 TP's each way from this, instead of JFK-LAX (3 class service) you can add EWR-LAX (flight AA119) which has only 2 classes, therefore booking into First, awarding 210 TP instead of 140
Old Oct 29, 2013, 10:00 am

Programs: Budding BA Bronze, MPC Gold
Looking to go to New York mid December and with the Business and First sale at the moment, two returns in J are cheaper than two returns in Y
Old Oct 29, 2013, 11:15 am

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by englisha
If you really want to milk an extra 70 TP's each way from this, instead of JFK-LAX (3 class service) you can add EWR-LAX (flight AA119) which has only 2 classes, therefore booking into First, awarding 210 TP instead of 140
Wowser - great idea - thanks for the suggestion.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 11:23 am

Any chance of a domestic sale any time soon? Looking at the fares LHR MAN it seems to be £55 one way (£45 hand luggage only), which seems fairly pricey - or is that normal these days?
Old Oct 29, 2013, 11:30 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Originally Posted by DG55
Any chance of a domestic sale any time soon? Looking at the fares LHR MAN it seems to be £55 one way (£45 hand luggage only), which seems fairly pricey - or is that normal these days?
The 'fare' aspect of those prices is only £10 so they cant really come down much can they? (The rest is tax, charges and fees etc.)

(£8 for the HLO Fare)
Old Nov 6, 2013, 9:24 pm

Programs: BAEC
apologies if I'm in the wrong area but ....

I am looking at the following flights in September 2014 and am wondering if this sounds about right or if it sounds like a really good deal and might not last long ...

PHX-CDG Club World returning BCN-PHX Club World for around $3500 USD

thanks!

Last edited by drewaz; Nov 6, 2013 at 9:38 pm
Old Nov 6, 2013, 9:32 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by drewaz
apologies if I'm in the wrong area but ....

I am looking at the following flights in September 2014 and am wondering if this sounds about right or if it sounds like a really good deal and might not last long ...

PHX-CDG returning BCN-PHX for around $3500 USD

thanks!
What fare class?
Old Nov 6, 2013, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad
What fare class?
CW ... sorry, will edit my post.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 9:40 pm

CW ... sorry, will edit my post.
That's an excellent price for CW. I would take it.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad
That's an excellent price for CW. I would take it.
thanks ... it seemed very good to me too ... I am not aware of any sale right now ... don't know if that's the going price but it seems low to me.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 9:49 pm

thanks ... it seemed very good to me too ... I am not aware of any sale right now ... don't know if that's the going price but it seems low to me.
Looks like a reverse ex-EU thing going on. If you take out the jaunt from London to Europe and just price up PHX-LHR it's back up to over $5K.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 3:35 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum Elite / BAEC Silver
Just booked the OH's trip to South Africa for Christmas... ex-EU, but unbelievable value:
BCN-LHR-JNB-LHR-BCN (returning on December 31st, so not absolutely ideal) in WT+ for ~£660 (€778). Am I being greedy by hoping for UuA availability?

What was even more unbelievable, is that across a whole week (the week of December 16) the flights where showing prices of €920-something in WT and €427 in WT+. Of course I understand the difference between B and T in terms of flexibility, but still! Return was much the same thing (although from Jan 1) most flights are completely booked out once all of the Saffas start returning to London...
Old Nov 7, 2013, 8:19 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by pianoamit
Just booked the OH's trip to South Africa for Christmas... ex-EU, but unbelievable value:
BCN-LHR-JNB-LHR-BCN (returning on December 31st, so not absolutely ideal) in WT+ for ~£660 (€778). Am I being greedy by hoping for UuA availability?

What was even more unbelievable, is that across a whole week (the week of December 16) the flights where showing prices of €920-something in WT and €427 in WT+. Of course I understand the difference between B and T in terms of flexibility, but still! Return was much the same thing (although from Jan 1) most flights are completely booked out once all of the Saffas start returning to London...
Looks like a set of sale fares valid ex-Iberian peninsula to Africa, available in Economy (OBNES), WT+ (TBNES) and CW (IBNES):

British Airways p.l.c. BA IBNES BCN to JNB

General notes
2ND LEVEL BUSINESS ADV. PURCHASE FARES I
Between IBERIAN PENINSULA and AFRICA FOR ROUND TRIP FARES
Travel restrictions
VALID FOR TRAVEL COMMENCING ON/BEFORE 15APR 14.
Sales restrictions
TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 20NOV 13.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 4:36 am

Programs: BD Silver, HH Gold, BA Silver, CX Gold
Does anyone have any idea what previous sale fares to DBX have been ? Holding out for a WT+ sale, to fly in March 2014.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 4:41 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Sprodo
Does anyone have any idea what previous sale fares to DBX have been ? Holding out for a WT+ sale, to fly in March 2014.
Do you mean Dubai (DXB)? If so, I paid £785 in the recent sale for travel in late April (this included an UUA from WTP to J so the actual WTP fare without the additional J taxes was probably closer to £700)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.