Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

All my colleagues being upgraded to F. Why? [corp deal upgrades]

All my colleagues being upgraded to F. Why? [corp deal upgrades]

Old Jul 15, 09, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lux View Post
Some corporate deals, as I think Swanhunter is saying, do have an agreement for one-way upgrades to First. I know this applies to, for example, a couple of megabanks.
That is what I was quite inarticulating saying. However the upgrade offer has only been running for 6 months and isn't permanent.

For the avoidance of doubt I am a long way from an evil banker too.
Old Jul 15, 09, 10:39 am
TMC

Programs: United Plat, BA Silver, Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by Swanhunter View Post
That is what I was quite inarticulating saying. However the upgrade offer has only been running for 6 months and isn't permanent.

For the avoidance of doubt I am a long way from an evil banker too.
Not an evil banker either; nor a lawyer!

We are offered this on some routes too - I recently had it for a LHR-BAH trip which unfortunately was cancelled - not available when we have a route deal in place though.
Old Jul 15, 09, 10:59 am

Programs: EBS
How I envy you lucky people who get to travel in J all the time as per your company travel policy, we get economy only unless more than a 10 hour flight.

Did however get a result last night on BA 214 BOS-LHR, the lovely lady at check-in told me I had an upgrade from Y to J and I'm only BA Blue at the moment.
Old Jul 15, 09, 11:11 am
Lux

Originally Posted by seano1uk View Post
How I envy you lucky people who get to travel in J all the time as per your company travel policy, we get economy only unless more than a 10 hour flight.

Did however get a result last night on BA 214 BOS-LHR, the lovely lady at check-in told me I had an upgrade from Y to J and I'm only BA Blue at the moment.
The downside of flying J all the time is that more and more people are getting op-ups, and it's downright annoying to (i) see it happen and (ii) hear them bang on about it! It does devalue the cabin, especially if the ticket is costing 4.5k or more.

Semi-seriously, it would be nice if the op-ups were shoved towards the back of the J cabin and given a, say, WT++ service. No, I know that's not going to happen. Don't worry. But DYKWIA?!!
Old Jul 15, 09, 3:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold BD Silver Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond
we have a J to F promotion that is avaliable on our corp fares, but only on certain routes, none of which I have been flying lately
Old Jul 16, 09, 5:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
Originally Posted by Lolbert View Post
We are a large FTSE100 major revenue customer for BA. NY fares run at about 2,350 in flexible J. I will follow up with BA direct.
I don't think we are a bigger customer than you then, but we may be around the same size. I saw a 2550 figure for fleixble J for us. It's a bit difficult to know why we're getting this deal and you're not since any information about it hasn't percolated through to the troops other than in the form of seeing "First" rather than "Club" on their itineraries.

P.S. Was it really necessary to add the bit in square brackets to the thread title? I do my best to make the subject reasonably clear (there is only so much you can get in a few words) and I thought I had decently well.
Old Jul 16, 09, 5:55 am
TMC

Programs: United Plat, BA Silver, Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by seano1uk View Post

Your not alone - our amended policy is 10 hours daytime, 6+ hours overnight - so it is not as clear cut. I have a course in Chicago later in the year, I need to attend and want to - only way to get it through was to go in WT+ despite the return being overnight Perhaps I'll be lucky - for the first time in 11 years of flying BA .....
Old Jul 16, 09, 6:28 am

Programs: BA Prem, LH Blue, Thai Gold ,KLM Ivory, Priority Club Plat, HiltonH Gold, Marriott gold
The downside of flying J all the time is that more and more people are getting op-ups, and it's downright annoying to (i) see it happen and (ii) hear them bang on about it! It does devalue the cabin, especially if the ticket is costing 4.5k or more.

Semi-seriously, it would be nice if the op-ups were shoved towards the back of the J cabin and given a, say, WT++ service. No, I know that's not going to happen. Don't worry. But DYKWIA?!!
It's great; i can buy the cheapest WTPlus ticket knowing i'll most likely get an Op Up to C .
Old Jul 16, 09, 6:35 am

Programs: BA GfL
Some corporate deals, as I think Swanhunter is saying, do have an agreement for one-way upgrades to First. I know this applies to, for example, a couple of megabanks.
My (external, US-based) travel agent gets me CW-to-F upgrades on pretty much every BA flight I take between PHL and LHR, either direction. I'm not quite sure what fare class I am booking in, but I've never had any difficulty getting the upgrade. We usually have to confirm it several days in advance of the flight if he sees that the available upgrade seats in F are dwindling, but it always works. It certainly does make life more pleasant, especially on the way home from a grueling multi-weeker.
Old Jul 18, 09, 8:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, etc. etc.
Originally Posted by Lolbert
We are a large FTSE100 major revenue customer for BA. NY fares run at about 2,350 in flexible J. I will follow up with BA direct.

Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom View Post
That is a good discount. You must give BA a lot of revenue.
It gets even better with size. Deutsche Bank in the UK has a corporate fare for LHR-JFK-LHR in fully flexible J with BA for EUR 2,000, i.e. less than 1,750.
Old Jul 18, 09, 2:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
Originally Posted by London Dude View Post
Originally Posted by Lolbert

It gets even better with size. Deutsche Bank in the UK has a corporate fare for LHR-JFK-LHR in fully flexible J with BA for EUR 2,000, i.e. less than 1,750.
It gets even better depending on what carrier you fly on. IIRC, Morgan Stanley (or another just as big bank) had a fully flexible J corporate deal with AA LHR JFK rtn or v.v for about 900 all in! The evening AA141 departure at 8pm from LHR runs specifically at the request of the bank! I think they must have promised a lot of travel.
Old Jul 18, 09, 3:22 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by travelmad478 View Post
My (external, US-based) travel agent gets me CW-to-F upgrades on pretty much every BA flight I take between PHL and LHR, either direction.
You are saying it is done roundtrip or oneway?
Old Jul 19, 09, 1:39 pm

Programs: BA GfL
Originally Posted by ABG View Post
You are saying it is done roundtrip or oneway?
Round trip, if I am flying a 4-class aircraft (the later of PHL's two daily flights has no F seating). Just between PHL and LHR, not the onward flights, though. Still, it's great to be able to spend my connections in the CCR, which they let me do even if I arrive in F and connect to a J/CE seat.
Old Jul 19, 09, 3:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold, etc. etc.
Originally Posted by d3vski View Post
It gets even better depending on what carrier you fly on. IIRC, Morgan Stanley (or another just as big bank) had a fully flexible J corporate deal with AA LHR JFK rtn or v.v for about 900 all in! The evening AA141 departure at 8pm from LHR runs specifically at the request of the bank! I think they must have promised a lot of travel.
That's Goldman Sachs. I think MS in the UK has BA as its preferred carrier.
Old Jul 21, 09, 4:03 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
My moaning must have had an effect. Despite not being allowed to access the one way upgrade promotion on our corporate fares, I was op up'd to F from J on my flight to Jo'burg last night. According to the purser, 3 others had similar good fortune.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: