Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Come on, let me reserve my guests seat !!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2009, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Gold
Come on, let me reserve my guests seat !!

I have recently decided to trade in some Qantas points for some reward return flights to Chicago in BA Club World. At the initial time of booking I only had my details to hand so made the booking via ba.com and successfully managed to reserve my seating choice. However when i booked the 2nd passenger i wasnt permitted to reserve his seating choice due to him not being a "Gold OW member". Now if i had booked his ticket and seat at the exact same time as mine I could have allocated him his reserved seat.
The point is surely BA.com know I am a gold FF and the points are being deducted out of my account so why wont they allow me to reserve seats for further passengers travelling with me, albeit booked 30 mins after my initial booking!!!

BA have acknowledged that they have tagged the 2 booking references together but cannot guarentee seats together. My companion can only reerve his CW seat within 24 hrs of departure.

Is there a way around this? Can anyone offer me a soloution?

Thanks guys and gals.

BTW - It looks like the BA295 to Chicago has the new NGCW seats 100% of the time???????????
Old Jul 7, 2009, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by charliec
The point is surely BA.com know I am a gold FF and the points are being deducted out of my account so why wont they allow me to reserve seats for further passengers travelling with me, albeit booked 30 mins after my initial booking!!!
But BA is crystal clear about this: OW Sapphires and other passengers on the same booking qualify for pre-allocation on the basis of status. You could have found that out with few minutes on the BA website or looking at this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...icy-guide.html

How did you book the flights on ba.com if you were using QFFF points?
Old Jul 7, 2009, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
QF Gold = OW Sapphire. Assigning seats to people not on your booking with BA is a Emerald (QF Platinum) only benefit. End of story.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Globaliser
But BA is crystal clear about this: OW Sapphires and other passengers on the same booking qualify for pre-allocation on the basis of status. You could have found that out with few minutes on the BA website or looking at this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...icy-guide.html

How did you book the flights on ba.com if you were using QFFF points?
It was initially booked via qantas.com but the booking ref is the exact same for both Qantas and BA? Once i had the booking reference I was able to proceed through to the BA site and access manage my booking.

Whilst the BA seating guide on this forum discusses TCP it is still not available to me?
Old Jul 7, 2009, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by G-BOAC
QF Gold = OW Sapphire. Assigning seats to people not on your booking with BA is a Emerald (QF Platinum) only benefit. End of story.

Thanks for the answer !!!!

Teach me to rush through a rewards booking I guess !!!
Old Jul 7, 2009, 12:47 pm
Suspended

cancel and re-book ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.