Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No Lounge in Grenada?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2009, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Smile No Lounge in Grenada?

Flying GND/LGW on Tuesday Club World...I think that there isn't a lounge to use @ Grenada Airport?..not on BA's Caribbean list?..anyone confirm please?..anyway, no problem - we'll just stay a bit longer @ Rex Hotel - it's only 2 mins away from airport anyway!!.hopefully 4 j/k still available - will use OLCI this time tomorrow to confirm!
Old Jun 28, 2009, 4:12 pm

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
No lounge but they will give you free vouchers for food and booze at the cafe in departures.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 2:09 am

Programs: BAEC, HH, Avis, Hertz
What you can do is go and check your baggage in, pay your departure tax (which used to be landside, don't know if it still is) and then go back to the Rex. There really is nothing at the airport to detain/entertain you.

Have a great time
Old Jun 29, 2009, 1:13 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IC Plat Elt, Hilton Diamond, QF silver
They give you a voucher when checking in for use in the departure lounge for complementary drinks and snacks from the airport tuck shop ! Its a pretty underdeveloped airport with a few very small duty free outlets.

I flew back from GND a month ago CW and had fantastic service from the crew, the flight stops in ANU for about an hour. Just help your self to the club kitchen while waiting!
Old Jun 29, 2009, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

Thanks guys...will stay @ Rex late as poss...no need to worry about 4 J/K as we were already allocated them!!!
Old Jun 30, 2009, 3:43 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
Originally Posted by RobertoBruno
Thanks guys...will stay @ Rex late as poss...no need to worry about 4 J/K as we were already allocated them!!!
Just remember to check when check-in opens and go there early, check-in your luggage and pay your departure tax, before the hords arrive, or you'll be queueing for ages.

bjorns
Old May 16, 2011, 7:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, FB Petroleum Club, HH Gold, A-Club Platinum
Originally Posted by edi-traveller
No lounge but they will give you free vouchers for food and booze at the cafe in departures.
Originally Posted by bjorns
Just remember to check when check-in opens and go there early, check-in your luggage and pay your departure tax, before the hords arrive, or you'll be queueing for ages.

bjorns
Sorry for bumping it again , I read the lounge guide and was wondering if this is still the case, vouchers at the check in desk? I am Silver member traveling Y, will the second passenger take a voucher? Also what are those departure taxes? Are there any arrival taxes too?
Old May 16, 2011, 8:16 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Originally Posted by potakas
Sorry for bumping it again , I read the lounge guide and was wondering if this is still the case, vouchers at the check in desk? I am Silver member traveling Y, will the second passenger take a voucher? Also what are those departure taxes? Are there any arrival taxes too?
It's 2 years since I was in Grenada - but as far as I know it is still vouchers and no lounge.

The departure tax is about 20 USD per person - and you pay this at a window before you go through security.

I noticed this year in St Lucia that the departure tax had been included in the overall fare so we didn't have to pay locally - not sure whether this is unique to St Lucia or not.

No arrival tax in Grenada - just the usual immigration and customs forms to fill out.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 3:27 am

First to Grenada

Just found this old thread on Grenada and as I have just used a fair chunk of my Avios points and booked first class to Grenada for next summer, I would be interested to know if there are any BA FC check in desks at Grenada and is there a preferential queue to pay departure tax, security check etc. Also for boardng in Grenada, is it a free for all or do they call First and Club before the economy passengers?
Also as all seats are currently available, what do you recommend?
Old Nov 20, 2011, 4:17 am

Programs: ba lifetime gold, MAS gold, hhonors gold
as of 10 months ago there was a club/first check in desk but the queue there was longer than the steerage line, and yes you get a voucher for food/drink. Don't remember paying departure tax at the airport. Yes the do call golds, silvers, F and CW first
Old Nov 20, 2011, 8:24 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by malcolmcampbell
as of 10 months ago there was a club/first check in desk but the queue there was longer than the steerage line, and yes you get a voucher for food/drink. Don't remember paying departure tax at the airport. Yes the do call golds, silvers, F and CW first
Was there 2 weeks ago, you are quite correct in that there is a dedicated Club check-in desk + voucher as no lounge currently available. Departure tax is now included in all tickets so you don't need to queue as before. On boarding at the gate, Club, premium status FFs and even WT+ were called first.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 9:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, FB Petroleum Club, HH Gold, A-Club Platinum
Everything above is correct.

Here is a TR from GND.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.