Wiki Posts
Search

Club World London City

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2009, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: OW Emerald (BA), UA*G, Marriott Plat, IC RA, Various others
Exclamation Club World London City

British Airways are shortly going to be announcing the final details of their new Club World London City Service (as the branding will be known) for their LCY-JFK Airbus A318 services.

An excerpt from correspondence that is forthcoming includes:

As the first long-haul, business class only service to fly from London City airport, our brief was to design the most productive cabin environment ever. Back in March 2008, the design team began the creation of your perfect office in the sky.

To meet our brief, we've made sure the cabin is spacious and airy. We've achieved this by configuring just 32 seats so that you will always be by the window or aisle. Of course, as well as feeling like a real office, it has to function like one. This means room to spread out, access to the internet and the ability to send and receive emails and texts. With so few people on board, you'll find the cabin incredibly peaceful - essential for work, and rest. Even the lighting adjusts to suit your mood. And to make sure you get some sleep on the way back, the seats recline into a fully flat six foot bed.

Having travelled to New York on business a fair bit recently, we are confident this service will not only enable you to be more productive, but save time too. Arrive at London City airport with hand luggage only and you can check-in just 15 minutes before departure. You'll also clear US immigration and customs at Shannon airport.

All the best,
Design Management, British Airways

P.S. We'd love to know how you'll be spending your time on board. Here's a link where you can share your thoughts:

http://home.britishairways.com/r/EJR.../JY/1H7B6/6A/h

They included some preview images, which I'll try to post.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 10:37 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, Bronze
Have they used the new seats as shown a few months ago or just the CW seats?
Old Jun 16, 2009, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: OW Emerald (BA), UA*G, Marriott Plat, IC RA, Various others
Originally Posted by Furton
Have they used the new seats as shown a few months ago or just the CW seats?
All new seats, as they are all in pairs, facing forward...
Old Jun 16, 2009, 10:48 am

Programs: MUCCI
http://www.flightglobal.com/articles...-revealed.html

Well I hope they don't use pictures like that - it partiuclarly empahsises the need to step over people!
Old Jun 16, 2009, 11:21 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
Originally Posted by David-A
http://www.flightglobal.com/articles...-revealed.html

Well I hope they don't use pictures like that - it partiuclarly empahsises the need to step over people!
IIRC, those pictures were widely discredited as placeholders when the investor day presentation was put online, and subsquently removed from the presentation.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 12:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum (+LTG)
Just recieved the same email and they are indeed the seats planned
Old Jun 16, 2009, 1:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by Blue Box Flynn
Just recieved the same email and they are indeed the seats planned
It doesn't look that 'flat' to me - you can see the difference in angle between squab and backrest!

IMO, this seat looks inferior to NCW and if they can fit that into an OpenSkies 757, why can't they get it into a wider A320-series cabin?
Old Jun 16, 2009, 1:39 pm

Sent from my iPhone
Classy!
Old Jun 16, 2009, 1:40 pm

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by TEX277
Classy!
Purely to emphasise how technology can be used 'on the move'?
Old Jun 16, 2009, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by choosethedrew
IMO, this seat looks inferior to NCW and if they can fit that into an OpenSkies 757, why can't they get it into a wider A320-series cabin?
Maybe it is weight related. I am obviously no expert in these sorts of things, but with the weight restraints for departure from LCY, maybe the NGCW seats would work out to be too heavy to have on the aircraft, and they have had to go for a "Wedge" style seat instead, which in construction may be lighter.

I do agree, that they do not look as appealing as the NGCW seats.

Regards,
Old Jun 16, 2009, 1:51 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by TEX277
Classy!
I must admit I did think the 'sent from iphone' thing at the end of the email was a little strange. All made it seem a little weird.

These seats look similar to the American Airlines New Business Class which I had the chance to fly the other week. If so they are not particularly comfortable seats when flatish and it is really awkward trying to get out when your neighbour is asleep. I am sure BA have not gone down that route and this is just a funny picture.

Regards AKS120
Old Jun 16, 2009, 1:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
I do agree, that they do not look as appealing as the NGCW seats
Forget NGCW, those babies don't even look a patch on NCW (or is it OCW?)
Old Jun 16, 2009, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by aks120
I must admit I did think the 'sent from iphone' thing at the end of the email was a little strange. All made it seem a little weird.
iphones always add that phrase to any email messages you send from them, so the poster wasn't adding it just to impress us
Old Jun 16, 2009, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by gaspodia
iphones always add that phrase to any email messages you send from them, so the poster wasn't adding it just to impress us
I belive it is called a signature @:-) You can edit the signature to what ever you want, or delete it all together. I've done the later.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 4:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alta, Starwood Gold, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum
Sent from my iPhone" was not from the OP, it was in the actual e-mail from BA...strangely. Since presumably it wasn't.

C

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.