Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Club World London City

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2009, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
After my last 2-3 JFK T7 arrivals experiences, the stop in SNN to clear immigration is incredibly attractive IMHO!
Old Jun 24, 2009, 11:24 am

Programs: BA, LH, VS, Hyatt, SPG
Originally Posted by G-BOAC
After my last 2-3 JFK T7 arrivals experiences, the stop in SNN to clear immigration is incredibly attractive IMHO!
Quite.

Probably my worst experience was arriving on a delayed BA 747 that arrived at the same time as another (on time) BA 747, and IB and CX.

Last time on the first flight out from LHR, there were 5 desks for US citizens open on arrival and we had to wait 15 mins for them to open just one desk for non-US citizens.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 11:36 am

Programs: A variety of precious-metal themed cards; MUCCI
Here's an excerpt from the discussion of this topic on Pprune, this one from an 'alleged' former BA pilot (isn't the Internet grand?!):

In reality allocated FL320 M0.78 to prevent disadvantaging 'normal' speed traffic across the pond.

I would not personally have bid for this fleet as a BA pilot (if I had still been on the fleet), the slow cruise, 2 engines, limited fuel options, night flight back to an 'interesting' LCY landing, no satcom, no CPDLC, twice a month rotation would have dissuaded me.

I hope it works out for the company, though, God knows we need to maximise all profit opportunities right now ....
So the flight's likely to be slow and low (bad to NY, good on the way back from a pax perspective, potentially bad both ways turbulence-wise) and will end in an on-the-limits landing at LCY. So you see it's not only idiot pax who prefer a good ol' four-holer!
Old Jun 24, 2009, 12:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ian001
Quite.

Probably my worst experience was arriving on a delayed BA 747 that arrived at the same time as another (on time) BA 747, and IB and CX.

Last time on the first flight out from LHR, there were 5 desks for US citizens open on arrival and we had to wait 15 mins for them to open just one desk for non-US citizens.
I have flown to JFK 7 times in the last year and have never had any problems at immigration. MIA, however, is another story...
Old Jun 24, 2009, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by aks120
I must admit I did think the 'sent from iphone' thing at the end of the email was a little strange. All made it seem a little weird.

These seats look similar to the American Airlines New Business Class which I had the chance to fly the other week. If so they are not particularly comfortable seats when flatish and it is really awkward trying to get out when your neighbour is asleep. I am sure BA have not gone down that route and this is just a funny picture.

Regards AKS120
Yeah I love the adverts with Kevin Spacey where he declares that an AA J aisle seat is his favourite seat or whatever. I suppose that he has never had anyone in the window seat trying to get out when he is sleeping or eating.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routičres, PCR
Originally Posted by Jimmie76
Yeah I love the adverts with Kevin Spacey where he declares that an AA J aisle seat is his favourite seat or whatever. I suppose that he has never had anyone in the window seat trying to get out when he is sleeping or eating.

I imagine he'd have the same situation with CW LCY - and don't start me off with regular CW with only 50% aisle seats.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routičres, PCR
U redemptions now available

Redemptions are available on Tuesdays and Wednesdays on the BA1 and BA4, at least on the dummy dates I tried.

Looks like just 2 U seats available on each flight as the website says 'Only 2 reward flight seat(s) left in this class' on my trials bookings.
Old Jun 26, 2009, 12:06 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
These flights are not in the BA seat sale and seem to be more costly that from LHR!
Old Jun 26, 2009, 3:41 pm

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Originally Posted by Londonjetsetter
I have flown to JFK 7 times in the last year and have never had any problems at immigration. MIA, however, is another story...
MIA??? Last time I was there nobody queued - far more more immigration desks than say IAD

Was so quick I even had to wait for my bag!!!^
Old Jun 26, 2009, 4:06 pm

Programs: DL DM
How will customs pre-clearance work? Immigration will be no problem, but will bags have to be off-loaded for customs clearance?
Old Jun 27, 2009, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by Roger

I imagine he'd have the same situation with CW LCY - and don't start me off with regular CW with only 50% aisle seats.
Nope NGCW/NCW don't suffer the same problems as the new AA seat, namely it is possible on BA to be eating, working on your laptop, watching the IFE and for the window/middle seats pax to get to the aisle without hindering you. The AA seat as shown here is equipped with two tray tables, one from the back of the seat in front and one from your seat. Now how Mr Spacey is going to climb out past that if the aisle pax is eating, has fallen asleep with their laptop out, has stuff on their tray table(s) or listening to the IFE I don't know. Also the headphone socket is I think in the seat back of the one in front, (might be the power socket) so adding another trip hazard.

And finally the airline does offer you a personal media player for IFE which will have to sit somewhere, I do like the idea of Bose Headphones though. The customer reviews at Flatseats.com (page 2) seem to agree with me about this.

I can't pass judgement on the new service until I see pictures of the seats.
Old Jul 11, 2009, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by Markie
These flights are not in the BA seat sale and seem to be more costly that from LHR!
Yep, but that's to be expected.

Cheapest I could find floating around was over 3300 quid return. Of course, this was just a "first pass" look, plus I don't live in the UK (or have a GBP income), so I'm not sure how paying 3300 quid return for TATL fares (no pun intended) with the many Business heavies working in the UK.

The idea of travelling on an all-J aircraft, though, sounds nice.
Old Jul 12, 2009, 9:38 am

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
I think it would be even more attractive if the Flight went to La Guardia (LGA) than JFK. Takes half the time to get to and fro Manhattan in my experience. I have flown out of LGA several times over the last 2 years and normally into manhattan insiude 30 mins
Old Jul 12, 2009, 9:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, BD *S, VS Gold, AFKL Petro Club
LGA has flight-length restrictions. No flights over 1500 miles in length allowed - except DEN, IIRC.
Old Jul 12, 2009, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by itsmeitisss
I think it would be even more attractive if the Flight went to La Guardia (LGA) than JFK. Takes half the time to get to and fro Manhattan in my experience. I have flown out of LGA several times over the last 2 years and normally into manhattan insiude 30 mins
Sector length restrictions apart, the problem is what to do with the plane when it got to LGA? Shuttle it over to JFK, or have the pax on the return leg depart from an airport where BA has no facilities?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.