Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

CE back to normal! [now officially confirmed]

CE back to normal! [now officially confirmed]

Old Jun 13, 09, 5:03 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Finland
Posts: 1,130
CE back to normal! [now officially confirmed]

Runour has it. I for one am happy.
Abstract1 is offline  
Old Jun 13, 09, 5:14 pm
  #2  
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Carbon Conscious Travel
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: London, UK
Posts: 19,696
You're being a bit coy tonight, Abstract1

Would this return to normality involve an Allen key, per chance?
Prospero is offline  
Old Jun 13, 09, 5:22 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Finland
Posts: 1,130
Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
You're being a bit coy tonight, Abstract1

Would this return to normality involve an Allen key, per chance?
something like that
Abstract1 is offline  
Old Jun 13, 09, 5:24 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, ARN, HEL, ..... or MAN
Programs: BA GFL / GGL, Mucci Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, Hertz Gold 5*
Posts: 4,407
Would be great if this were true. Despite currently flying more frequently than I have ever done, I haven't taken a single CE since the change. I would return if the convertible seating makes a comeback..^
ThatT1Feeling is online now  
Old Jun 13, 09, 5:25 pm
  #5  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Earth
Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Posts: 10,985
Does this mean I can give up my diet
sunrisegirl is offline  
Old Jun 13, 09, 5:26 pm
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: London, UK
Programs: BA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador
Posts: 14,114
Yay! ^

Are we talking convertible AC-DEF with or without E blocked?
Genius1 is online now  
Old Jun 13, 09, 5:28 pm
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Finland
Posts: 1,130
Originally Posted by sunrisegirl View Post
Does this mean I can give up my diet
YEP!get back into those burgers!
Abstract1 is offline  
Old Jun 13, 09, 5:30 pm
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Finland
Posts: 1,130
Originally Posted by Genius1 View Post
Yay! ^

Are we talking convertible AC-DEF with or without E blocked?
without as far as i am aware..so exactly as before.
Abstract1 is offline  
Old Jun 13, 09, 5:39 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Programs: BA (GGL/CCR)
Posts: 1,181
Please, please please let this be confirmed.

I can cancel my convoluted LH itineraries and go back to BA....!
CCayley is online now  
Old Jun 13, 09, 5:39 pm
  #10  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Earth
Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Posts: 10,985
Originally Posted by Abstract1 View Post
YEP!get back into those burgers!
And the Krispy Kreme donuts
sunrisegirl is offline  
Old Jun 13, 09, 5:43 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Near Edinburgh
Programs: BA Silver
Posts: 9,034
Originally Posted by Abstract1 View Post
without as far as i am aware..so exactly as before.
I've got a CE flight on Monday morning and I've just checked MMB. It is still showing only AC and DF seats. I'll report back after the flight if no-one else does before me.
Paralytic is offline  
Old Jun 13, 09, 5:54 pm
  #12  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Earth
Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Posts: 10,985
Originally Posted by Paralytic View Post
I've got a CE flight on Monday morning and I've just checked MMB. It is still showing only AC and DF seats. I'll report back after the flight if no-one else does before me.
It wouldn't make a change to the AC and DF seats, it just means instead of the middle seat being same size as all the other seats (as it is now), the B and E seats would be compressed to make them smaller which in turn makes the AC and DF seats a tad wider.
sunrisegirl is offline  
Old Jun 13, 09, 5:59 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Edinburgh UK
Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Posts: 9,372
Originally Posted by sunrisegirl View Post
It wouldn't make a change to the AC and DF seats, it just means instead of the middle seat being same size as all the other seats (as it is now), the B and E seats would be compressed to make them smaller which in turn makes the AC and DF seats a tad wider.
The E seat never squished - it expanded too. It was only the B seat that squished. Best of both is converted with squished B and expanded E left empty.
edi-traveller is offline  
Old Jun 13, 09, 6:03 pm
  #14  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Earth
Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Posts: 10,985
Originally Posted by edi-traveller View Post
The E seat never squished - it expanded too. It was only the B seat that squished. Best of both is converted with squished B and expanded E left empty.
Oops apologies

I still prefer the AC side though, the squised B seat was perfect ladies handbag size.
sunrisegirl is offline  
Old Jun 13, 09, 6:11 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Programs: BA Executive Club
Posts: 1,132
Better make sure me and Mrs dmahon are in A/C for any CE flights that we have booked then, before it becomes official. I had taken to booking D/F.
dmahon is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: