Wiki Posts
Search

YUV Montreal lounge?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2009, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott titanium; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; AA Gold
YUV Montreal lounge?

I understand from searching the AA forum that the third party lounge at YUV is now airside, rather than the tatty landside one. Is it any improvement, particularly in terms of food offerings?

Also, I'm not familiar with the layout of YUV and the airport's website is no help. If I'm BA Silver traveling on AA coach to the US, will I be able to use this lounge?
Old Jun 12, 2009, 9:45 am

Others on here will know the details of whether you can access the lounge.

But with respect to facilities, yes it is now airside. Food offerings are pretty limited, just some rolls and crisps. It is a pretty modern lounge (not a surprise as it is new) and I was happy enough to have a beer in there.

Hope that helps
Billy
Old Jun 12, 2009, 10:23 am

Programs: BA
Yes, at YUL, BA uses the TD First Class Lounge. It's on the left, just past the main duty free, as you head towards the gates. BA's website still says it's on the right (I gave up telling them it was wrong).

As Billy says, a fairly limited selection but enough to prime you for the flight.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott titanium; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; AA Gold
Thanks

Thanks, billymill and buzzrm. Are AA and BA flights in the same terminal, or is it all one concourse at YUL?

Last edited by sspicer; Jun 12, 2009 at 10:40 am Reason: Typo
Old Jun 12, 2009, 11:58 am

Programs: BA Silver, AC-E and a few hotels
Yes all the flights are in the same terminal, however the US section is separate to the domestic and international so don't get any duty free otherwise when you pass security to get to the international gates they will remove it with a joyous smile!

For something really good to eat at the terminal, when you come out of the US section, just before you go through security to the international gates stop at the Montreal Bread Co (www.MBco.ca) and grab something there. The food is fantasic and much better than anything in the lounge.
Old Jun 13, 2009, 11:36 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by sspicer
If I'm BA Silver traveling on AA coach to the US, will I be able to use this lounge?
The US departures is a seperate wing from the International Departures due to US Customs Pre-clearence prior to boarding. So, you can't get into the BA lounge from the US departures zone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.