FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Finnair - how long for tier points to credit ? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/960423-finnair-how-long-tier-points-credit.html)

Calm down dear Jun 1, 2009 9:38 pm

Finnair - how long for tier points to credit ?

I flew finnair a week ago in J, no points have turned up in my account, my boarding pass did have the exec club number on it. Have not flown finnair before so no idea how long i should wait before submitting a claim. Do any regulars have any insight ?
Also should note I flew to China with finnair in J on 3 days notice on a flex ticket that allows changes for 100gbp for about 1500gbp return - when ba wanted well over 4k and cx via hkg 3.5k. Strangely the AY flight was nearly full in Y but there were only 4 of us in J and though the bed was slopey it was fine.

House Jun 1, 2009 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by Calm down dear (Post 11841261)
I flew finnair a week ago in J, no points have turned up in my account, my boarding pass did have the exec club number on it. Have not flown finnair before so no idea how long i should wait before submitting a claim. Do any regulars have any insight ?
Also should note I flew to China with finnair in J on 3 days notice on a flex ticket that allows changes for 100gbp for about 1500gbp return - when ba wanted well over 4k and cx via hkg 3.5k. Strangely the AY flight was nearly full in Y but there were only 4 of us in J and though the bed was slopey it was fine.

AY are very competitive on the UK-China routes and have good connections, which is why I've been using them for most of my trips to and from PVG. The flexibility is the key thing for me. Apart from Christmas I've not seen the AY flights more than half full in Business, which suits me fine but raises some issues in my own mind about the future for these routes!

Anyway, turning to your question, the miles take anything from 2 to 4 weeks to show up on the account (just under 3 weeks is around average for me). No need to call BA or submit a claim - they will show up eventually.

heckenhocker Jun 1, 2009 10:45 pm

For me, usually 2-3 weeks to post, and I never bother thinking about chasing until 3 weeks. In fact, I've never HAD to chase, the points have always turned up.

However others have had to chase, so keep an eye out, and put a claim in after 3 weeks if needed.

Glad you had a comfy night even if the bed sloped :cool:

cressers Jun 2, 2009 12:12 am

If you have finnair plus FF account - check that also. I have had several flights post there, even if BA is on the BP.

LaydeeSarah Jun 2, 2009 12:16 am

I flew Finnair J last month and the points took about a week to credit to my BAEC account.

G-BOAC Jun 2, 2009 2:47 am

Originally Posted by House (Post 11841516)
Anyway, turning to your question, the miles take anything from 2 to 4 weeks to show up on the account (just under 3 weeks is around average for me). No need to call BA or submit a claim...

...unless you are impatient, like me, in which case submit a claim after the minimum period has elapsed and they should credit a day or two after ;)

mosburger Jun 2, 2009 5:21 am

Originally Posted by House (Post 11841516)
Apart from Christmas I've not seen the AY flights more than half full in Business, which suits me fine but raises some issues in my own mind about the future for these routes!

I do think AY is going to hold on to HKG, PEK and PVG no matter what (same goes for NRT) Actually, there are plans for a second daily to both PEK and PVG once Chinese authorities will permit that, AFAIK.

cressers Jun 2, 2009 6:31 am

A lot of the traffic is tourism - FROM asia rather than to. A lot of tours start in Finland before moving on - business class was usually busy, but main finnish companies, like many, are cutting back. In addition, less flights=less airmiles=less upgrades.

This rise in tourism in Helsinki from Asian countries is backed up by the opening of an LV store in helsinki ;)

potfish Jun 2, 2009 7:01 am

Good way of getting to ICN as well. Just a shame it's not daily.

Calm down dear Jun 2, 2009 9:53 am

many thanks for the replys, i thought AY was exceptional value and the service good. At 4k plus for ba and 1.5k for AY and AY being changeable for a small fee, AY in these times is always going to win for the relatively small extra flight time. True no flat beds but it was quite adequate. Food was plentiful and well presented and plenty of drink too - they opened a lovely bottle of vintage port just for me and i felt duty bound to have more than a glass ! Of the 4 pax in J at least one other was from lhr.

nordic Jun 2, 2009 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by potfish (Post 11842710)
Good way of getting to ICN as well. Just a shame it's not daily.

If the current plans won't change both Nagoya and Seoul will be daily next spring. Well, I guess there will be many changes by next pring. Hopefully not for these flights. And you get extra TP flying LHR-HEL-Asia compared with non stop BA flights.

BTW AY is planning to introduce truly flat (with no angle) seats in the end of this yea.

Anselmi Jun 2, 2009 1:45 pm

Back to the topic.

There have been many discussions about Finnair having troubles posting miles to BA. Last time my miles didn't post I claimed my miles and BA rejected them. I called to BAEC and they told me that the reason for rejection is that Finnair says my miles have already been posted to my Finnair Plus account. This is wierd as I donīt use my AY "Minus".

Please Finnair. Get your IT in order soon and give me my miles back.

cressers Jun 2, 2009 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by Anselmi (Post 11844847)
Back to the topic.

There have been many discussions about Finnair having troubles posting miles to BA. Last time my miles didn't post I claimed my miles and BA rejected them. I called to BAEC and they told me that the reason for rejection is that Finnair says my miles have already been posted to my Finnair Plus account. This is wierd as I donīt use my AY "Minus".

Please Finnair. Get your IT in order soon and give me my miles back.

You need to contact finnair - they will remove the miles- then put the claim in again to BA.

For some reason if you have an AY number and have used it - it seems to overide other FF numbers for some reason.

House Jun 2, 2009 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by mosburger (Post 11842365)
I do think AY is going to hold on to HKG, PEK and PVG no matter what (same goes for NRT) Actually, there are plans for a second daily to both PEK and PVG once Chinese authorities will permit that, AFAIK.

I do hope so! What I would really value is a second PVG flight, preferably with late evening departures from both HEL and PVG, similar to what AF and LH already have. At the moment, if I want to take a OW evening flight I have to use CX via HKG, which is fine but HKG is more of a hassle in connecting terms than HEL.

AY can definitely teach BA a few things in terms of J class drinks. Great dessert wines and decent vintage port, plus a more imaginative wine list than we tend to see in CW.

mosburger Jun 3, 2009 12:23 am

Originally Posted by House (Post 11846803)
I do hope so! What I would really value is a second PVG flight, preferably with late evening departures from both HEL and PVG, similar to what AF and LH already have. At the moment, if I want to take a OW evening flight I have to use CX via HKG, which is fine but HKG is more of a hassle in connecting terms than HEL.

I like flying PVG - HKG with the 9.45am CX/KA departure, lunching and spending the (work)day there and then taking one of the late evening flights HKG -LHR. From LHR sitll have a morning BA hop to the continent but the miles gather quickly. ;)

As for a late PVG - HEL connection, about the only possible departure time is at or after midnight. With a midnight PVG departure arrival at HEL would be between 5 and 6 am in Summer and 4 and 5am in Winter. So maybe the ideal departure time is actually something closer to 1am.

Thera are far more options in the other direction, of course. But I guess pax would not appreciate landing at HEL before 4am...:D