Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Finnair - how long for tier points to credit ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair - how long for tier points to credit ?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2009, 12:49 am

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mosburger
I like flying PVG - HKG with the 9.45am CX/KA departure, lunching and spending the (work)day there and then taking one of the late evening flights HKG -LHR. From LHR sitll have a morning BA hop to the continent but the miles gather quickly.

As for a late PVG - HEL connection, about the only possible departure time is at or after midnight. With a midnight PVG departure arrival at HEL would be between 5 and 6 am in Summer and 4 and 5am in Winter. So maybe the ideal departure time is actually something closer to 1am.

Thera are far more options in the other direction, of course. But I guess pax would not appreciate landing at HEL before 4am...
Hmm. Though my employer does have an office in HKG I doubt they would approve of the stopover unless I was able to schedule some proper work to do while there.

LH currently depart PVG for MUC at around 11.15pm, and after Midnight there is the CA flight to MXP as well as the QR/EK departures to the Middle East. So from a facilities standpoint this would work. In terms of connections, this actually seems the optimum time for a second flight - an afternoon departure from PVG arrives too late for meaningful connections at HEL I would guess, and there seems little point in another morning departure.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 1:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK E, HHonors Gold
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.2; U; Series60/3.1 NokiaE51-1/300.34.56; Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413)

Originally Posted by cressers
Originally Posted by Anselmi
Back to the topic.

There have been many discussions about Finnair having troubles posting miles to BA. Last time my miles didn't post I claimed my miles and BA rejected them. I called to BAEC and they told me that the reason for rejection is that Finnair says my miles have already been posted to my Finnair Plus account. This is wierd as I don´t use my AY "Minus".

Please Finnair. Get your IT in order soon and give me my miles back.
You need to contact finnair - they will remove the miles- then put the claim in again to BA.

For some reason if you have an AY number and have used it - it seems to overide other FF numbers for some reason.
This is not the case because miles are not in my AY account. This is purely AY mess up.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 12:55 am

Programs: BA GGL
I flew LHR-HEL-SGN return. After two days the HEL-SGN part credited. But after 11 days the LHR-HEL part still has not. Which seems bizarre to me. AY suggests contacting BA - but as it was an AY flight I'm expecting BA to ping-pong me back to AY. Here's hoping it credits soon...
Old Dec 17, 2017, 2:05 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
I flew LHR-HEL-SGN return. After two days the HEL-SGN part credited. But after 11 days the LHR-HEL part still has not. Which seems bizarre to me. AY suggests contacting BA - but as it was an AY flight I'm expecting BA to ping-pong me back to AY. Here's hoping it credits soon...
PM BA Missing Avios here or try to DM BA on Twitter.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 2:26 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Avis Presidents Club, Majestic Platinum*
There is an issue with all AY flight numbers beginning with a 1 which now includes LHR to HEL
Mine did not credit so contacted BAMissingAvios and Diane got them sorted in 6 days - just need you e ticket number starting 105
good luck
Old Dec 17, 2017, 4:31 am

Programs: BA/VS Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
Ah, that's unfortunate – I was cheekily hoping for credit for an AY1336 LHR-HEL flight in J that I was rebooked to from a BA metal Avios booking during the mayhem at Heathrow. Would have been a reasonable chance of that with the automatic system, none at all now that it sounds like it would require manual intervention.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 7:27 am

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by frasier
There is an issue with all AY flight numbers beginning with a 1 which now includes LHR to HEL
Mine did not credit so contacted BAMissingAvios and Diane got them sorted in 6 days - just need you e ticket number starting 105
good luck
I've got some fun and games coming up then as I return on AY1337 which when I google it shows as a AY codeshare on AY metal (AY833).
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Silver, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
I flew LHR-HEL (A350 - AY1332), then HEL-ICN on 11th December. The HEL-ICN posted after 6 days. Made a claim 18/12 (T+7), rejected by BA 19/12!

Will ask BAMissingPoints.....
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by itsmeitisss
I've got some fun and games coming up then as I return on AY1337 which when I google it shows as a AY codeshare on AY metal (AY833).
Mrs rapidex flew AY1337 just after the flight number change and was denied avios and tier points.Just pm Diane at BA Missing Avios,she has all the details and is exceptionally helpful,and will sort any issues in a few days.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:39 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

I find these IT issues very annoying... Have my next AY1xxx flight next week; hopefully it'll be fixed by then and credit automatically...
Old Dec 19, 2017, 2:21 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Silver
Originally Posted by Calm down dear
I flew finnair a week ago in J, no points have turned up in my account, my boarding pass did have the exec club number on it. Have not flown finnair before so no idea how long i should wait before submitting a claim. Do any regulars have any insight ?
Also should note I flew to China with finnair in J on 3 days notice on a flex ticket that allows changes for 100gbp for about 1500gbp return - when ba wanted well over 4k and cx via hkg 3.5k. Strangely the AY flight was nearly full in Y but there were only 4 of us in J and though the bed was slopey it was fine.
I just flew with them in J this weekend and both legs have posted within a day of the flight being taken
florens likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 4:44 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Any recent experiences with AY metal credit times to BAEC?

I am waiting on a couple of Finnair flights to credit in order to take me over a GUF1 earning threshold, where I ideally have a use for the voucher asap...
Old Aug 22, 2019, 4:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by AJLondon
Any recent experiences with AY metal credit times to BAEC?

I am waiting on a couple of Finnair flights to credit in order to take me over a GUF1 earning threshold, where I ideally have a use for the voucher asap...
I'm still waiting for two flights on the 25 Jul to post. The return flights on 29 Jul took a week, but the outbound flights are still missing. Claim was filed after 7 days.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 10:47 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

AY codes 5 days. BA codes 2 days.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 10:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold, OZ Diamond, LH Silver
AY had some delays with crediting flights at the end of July even for their own Finnair Plus program. They recently sent information that these points will all be credited eventually and they apologize for the delay.
Lefly likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.