Community
Wiki Posts
Search

£200 off £1000+ CW tickets

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2009, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

£200 off £1000+ CW tickets

I have already posted this in the £100 off WT thread but thought that it may be too well hidden in that thread.

In order to take part in this promotion, Eligible Participants must log in and make a booking between 28 May 2009 and 31 May 2009 at ba.com, and enter the promotion code BAUK-VALUED in the marked box on the Price Quote page of the booking process. Promotion Code entitles Eligible Participants to a £200 per person discount on lowest club world (Business class) longhaul flights , where the ticket price per person is £1000 or over. Fully flexible (J class) ticket are not included in the promotion. Travel must take between 01 July and 14 December 2009. Discounts cannot be used retrospectively. This promotion applies to new bookings only.
Combined with the current sale you can get NYC for £895!

Enjoy!
Old May 28, 2009, 1:37 pm

Seems it isn't valid for domestic connections because they automatically book into J!

Typical.
Old May 28, 2009, 2:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
Amazing! It worked once I'd logged into my account (before that it said that I wasn't recognized as eligible). And if I got an email, it passed me by. Thanks Tex277.

I've actually got to book another trip to New York for the late summer period, so I can make use of it. Seems to work for the dates I want.

Looking on the gloomy side (have to do that, otherwise it wouldn't be Flyertalk ) you can't combine it with a leg in F, so it means that an outbound upgrade to F would now cost £700 - which will probably push me over the edge into sticking with CW, especially as I have an F flight to JFK coming up in a month .
Old May 28, 2009, 2:22 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
I only received the ET email, but it looks like I can access the CW discount as long as I am logged in.

It also looks like you can indeed combine shareholder discount with this offer. To do this, it looks like I need to log into the normal BA website first, and then open the BA Shareholder discount login page.

I'm utterly tempted to book CE to Australia and be disloyal to QF (it looks like they do not discount the QF-operated BA flights on Shareholder website for CE, because the red D was missing).

Last edited by LTN Phobia; May 28, 2009 at 3:11 pm
Old May 28, 2009, 5:00 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Would be interesting to understand the targetting on these emails - I haven't received the WT, CE, or CW variants of these promotions. In fact I appear not to have been selected for anything at all... should I feel slightly miffed??
Old May 28, 2009, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Would be interesting to understand the targetting on these emails - I haven't received the WT, CE, or CW variants of these promotions. In fact I appear not to have been selected for anything at all... should I feel slightly miffed??
Nope. Certainly the CW offer code works even if you haven't received the mail.
Old May 28, 2009, 5:12 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by aristoph
Nope. Certainly the CW offer code works even if you haven't received the mail.
Oh yes... and the Shareholder discount... JFK for under £820...!!
Old May 28, 2009, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
I'm utterly tempted to book CE to Australia and be disloyal to QF (it looks like they do not discount the QF-operated BA flights on Shareholder website for CE, because the red D was missing).

Auch, Club Europe to Oz - now that must be a painful 24 hours.
Old May 29, 2009, 2:38 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Yes you should. Now I am sorry to sound stupid but I cannot see anywhere to actually put this wretched code on the Price Quote page? What am I missing?
Old May 29, 2009, 2:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
What am I missing?
The quote below was posted in the £100 off WT thread and should not be viewed as a prod!

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
It's near where it says "Your Shopping Basket" near the top, under the box where it says Total Price. It says "Got a promotion code?" or something similar.
Old May 29, 2009, 2:54 am

Programs: Finnair Platinum; Intercontinental Ambassador
It took me 3 attempts. When it quotes you the price (step 3 i think). Under the price there is a tiny link "I HAVE A PROMOTION CODE". Click on that and VOILA
Old May 29, 2009, 2:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
What am I missing?
A good man!
Old May 29, 2009, 2:58 am

Did not receive the email, not UK based however codes work on flights originating in the UK but not in CPH/ARN. Which I guess was the point.

CW to NYC for under 900GBP is highly tempting!
Old May 29, 2009, 3:20 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
Is there a place to type in a promotion code when booking an MFU? I can't find one.

And if not, anyone know if this can be combined with an MFU? It's not a dealbreaker, but I'm curious - plenty of Z-bucket seats available .
Old May 29, 2009, 3:20 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Thanks very much for this, works with the shareholder discount too! Two tickets booked for later in the year and a happy wife shown the printout (her birthday today, made a nice present).

Rememebr to choose UKraine as your home country when paying, as this avoids the credit card surcharge and saves another £4.50 per ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.