Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Competition winner

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2009, 4:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Onetime bmi * Gold lifetime membership, BA Gold, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold
Competition winner

Rather surprisingly I have won two tickets for the final Lions test match which is taking place on Saturday 4 July in Johannesburg. I vaguely remember entering this from the EC offers page.

Does anyone recall more details of the competition or even have a link to it on BA's web pages? Unfortunately while I get 2 tickets to the match I have to pay to get to South Africa myself and cover accommodation. As a result I'm not sure how good a prize this is! I was interested to know if other prizes offered a flight as well.

Ungratefully...bmifly

Last edited by bmifly; May 30, 2009 at 6:19 am
Old May 30, 2009, 6:01 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze (and falling), HH Diamond
If it is easier, I'll take the tickets off your hands in a purely selfless act.
Old May 30, 2009, 1:46 pm
Gaz

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, UA Gold
Not really a massive prize (in terms of monetary value). Tickets for the third test on eBay are around £300-450 a pair. This is actually rather low for a high profile rugby match, tickets for big Six Nations games fetch a lot more (due to the fact that most international rugby tickets aren't really allowed to be resold, they can be very expensive on the grey market). I imagine the fact you need to get to SA puts people off this.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 3:03 am

Even if cost was not a factor, I've heard that virtually all flights to SA are booked up around this time due to the sheer numbers heading over to follow the Lions.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 3:06 am

Programs: BA, UA, Marriot
Based on Saturday's very average display against a 3rd tier scratch team, I'd save yourself the money, time, miles and heartache. We're going to get wallopped.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Look like ebay is your friend, then!

It would be amusing to get in touch with BA, though, and ask them how you can down there if the flights are all booked up!
Old Jun 1, 2009, 3:27 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Flying Flis
Even if cost was not a factor, I've heard that virtually all flights to SA are booked up around this time due to the sheer numbers heading over to follow the Lions.
A quick check on BA.com seems to show plenty of availability in all cabins around these dates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.