Wiki Posts
Search

Best legroom in J on a 767

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2009, 7:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Gold Class
Best legroom in J on a 767

I'm sat on BA 68 on a 767 and another PAx (who I suspect is another FTer) insists 4C has the best legroom not only in 767J but in J period. I'm in 4K and I reckon I have at least as much, granted seats 4F/G are much less.

The cabin crew are now looking for a tape measure, but pending a definitieve measure your comments are welcome.
Old May 23, 2009, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
If you actually need to measure it to find out who's right, does it really matter?
Old May 23, 2009, 8:17 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

I have been very happy with the leg room available in seat 1A. It's been about 18 months since I last flew in one of BA's long haul 767s but I recall this seat has about 6 inches between the bulkhead wall and the back of the foot stool. How does this compare with 4K?
Old May 24, 2009, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by whmere
another PAx (who I suspect is another FTer) insists 4C has the best legroom [...] in J period.
Evidently this passenger has never sat in and is not aware of row 62 so he may not be that experienced an FTer.
Old May 24, 2009, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Like Prospero, my recollection is that 1A is the most spacious.

P.S A copy of the Telegraph and a pen are the BA Board approved way of measuring seat pitch.
Old May 24, 2009, 2:23 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass, lots of old plastic claiming to be precious metal
Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
Evidently this passenger has never sat in and is not aware of row 62 so he may not be that experienced an FTer.
But s/he may be experienced enough not to try to go upstairs on a 767.
Old May 24, 2009, 3:02 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
Trouble is that row 62 on a 767 is a bit breezy and for some reason the crew aren't too keen on serving meals there!
Old May 25, 2009, 1:44 am

Programs: BA Blue, VS Silver
Flew 767 last week, I can vouch 1A is very spacious and no need to do an athletic leap into the aisle.
Old May 25, 2009, 6:20 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
4C is my favourite, not because it has more legroom (I would put money on the fact that if it does it is not more than an inch or two, in common with other NCW bulkhead seats such as 64K on a 747 in the NCW era) but because it is the bassinet position. Great place to put the laptop, in order to watch films on it. Have lost track of how many episodes of the Sopranos I have watched in that seat !
Old Jun 7, 2012, 1:37 pm

Advice on B767 Long-Haul Club seating

Flying B767 to EWR on Sunday.

Can any one advise which of the following seats now available I should choose?

1J, 3F, 4F or 4J

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.