Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Exclusive: BA to launch two new Caribbean routes [Ex-LGW]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2009, 4:13 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Intercontinental RA/BA/BMI/Virgin

Hopefully of interest to someone

British Airways is launching twice-weekly services from Gatwick to Montego Bay and Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic in its winter schedule.

From October 25, the airline is also increasing flights from Gatwick to St Lucia from three to five a week, Barbados, from nine to 10, and Port of Spain, Trinidad, from three to five.

Lead-in return fares will start from Ł634 to Montego Bay and Ł559 to Punta Cana, including taxes, fees and charges.

Lead-in return fares to St Lucia start from Ł553, Barbados from Ł553 and Port of Spain from Ł583.80.

“These new routes and increased frequencies underline our commitment to the Caribbean,” said head of sales Richard Tams.

“It’s a popular destination with our customers and it’s due to demand that we’re increasing the number of flights to the region.”

Tickets go on sale tomorrow (Friday).
Old May 21, 2009, 4:22 am

Programs: BA Blue
Very well done. MBJ is back and Dom Rep will be a truly new route. I wonder if, as before, MBJ will be via KIN.
Old May 21, 2009, 4:40 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Glad to have two new long hauls, but Dominican Republic ..............

And we already serve Kingston. MBJ is nothing new, we had that flight years ago and stopped it as the majority of pax went to KIN so why now

Oh well, my dream of FLL just died (where the crying smiley!!)

Last edited by sunrisegirl; May 21, 2009 at 4:56 am
Old May 21, 2009, 4:51 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonors Silver, Marriott Club, Priority Club Club
No MLE then - looks like the lack of bunks has proved right so will limit the options I am sure.

Loads to the Caribbean must be holding though as even in these straitened times there is little reward availability - not even 2 tickets to ANU in Nov in Club

Yield is another matter obviously.....

NGBTS.
Old May 21, 2009, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routičres, PCR
Are these additional to the New longhaul routes from LGW!! thread?
Old May 21, 2009, 5:12 am

Programs: BA Blue
I think Premium traffic to the Caribbean has and probably will always be a cash cow.

2 flights last year premium incl WTP+ were chock full whilst economy hardly seated at all.

I think they are 'sure things'.
Old May 21, 2009, 5:15 am
Suspended

Any short haul LGW winter news?
Old May 21, 2009, 7:22 am

Programs: AA PLT, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum, FPC/Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Would it be terribly un-British to say: WOO HOO!!?(PUJ)
Old May 21, 2009, 7:29 am

Programs: AA PLT, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum, FPC/Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
Glad to have two new long hauls, but Dominican Republic ..............

And we already serve Kingston. MBJ is nothing new, we had that flight years ago and stopped it as the majority of pax went to KIN so why now

Oh well, my dream of FLL just died (where the crying smiley!!)
Dom Rep has a boatload of British tourists previously flying only charters from UK. FLL is only a short drive from MIA, shorter than MBJ to KIN. We in the Dom Rep have to drive a little farther to find BA. I couldn't be more delighted.
Old May 21, 2009, 7:32 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by pjoalfa
Dom Rep has a boatload of British tourists previously flying only charters from UK. FLL is only a short drive from MIA, shorter than MBJ to KIN. We in the Dom Rep have to drive a little farther to find BA. I couldn't be more delighted.
Shouldn't that be row

I'm glad you're delighted and look forward to seeing you pass through LGW later this year.

Although I know MIA and FLL are only a short driving distance, the MIA is much busier a route than the KIN which is why I'm surprised we've got MBJ back (and let's not even remember how bad security is there - recent hijacking of Canadian airline). Oh well, I'm sure there's logic behind it somewhere, I just hope I'm wrong in thinking what that logic might be.
Old May 21, 2009, 7:54 am

Shouldn't that be row
You haven't seen my car

how bad security is there -
We can oblige with that as well (though no hijacking) - last month we had a whole entrance to the airside zone completely unmanned requiring an AA pilot to insist on clearing the terminal (they apparently didn't want to).

Last edited by pjoalfa; May 21, 2009 at 10:25 am
Old May 21, 2009, 8:30 am

PUJ via ANU

MBJ direct
Old May 21, 2009, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by pax agent
PUJ via ANU
Ohh our very own 5th freedom. Any idea what days of the week?
Old May 21, 2009, 10:29 am

Programs: United 1K, American EXP & 3 Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist & Marriott Ambassador Elite
Any word on MLE Maldives route?
Old May 21, 2009, 11:01 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mktozd
Any word on MLE Maldives route?
No sorry, think it seems unlikely now, at least from LGW

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.