Wiki Posts
Search

New Way To Silver?

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2009, 6:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Just a lowly Blue ;(
New Way To Silver?

Just logged on to ba.com and they've made a few changes.

It now says, 300 points to silver or 46 flights! (out of 50)

Are they serious!

PS would love to get to silver by septmeber, but just don't think i can, sooo unfair!
Old May 11, 2009, 6:31 pm

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
Originally Posted by mdj1
Just logged on to ba.com and they've made a few changes.

It now says, 300 points to silver or 46 flights! (out of 50)

Are they serious!

PS would love to get to silver by septmeber, but just don't think i can, sooo unfair!
Yep they are serious, this has been around now for a few months. It is aimed at the poor sods who comute weekely say on UK domestics in non tier point earning seats who before got bugger all for it. IMHO a good way of rewarding them and their money compared to the nothing they got before.
Old May 11, 2009, 7:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by CT-UK
Yep they are serious, this has been around now for a few months. It is aimed at the poor sods who comute weekely say on UK domestics in non tier point earning seats who before got bugger all for it. IMHO a good way of rewarding them and their money compared to the nothing they got before.
Indeed - 25 return flights in cheapo economy and you have Silver. Better than a you know what.
Old May 12, 2009, 12:12 am

Programs: Shiny ones
Sorry to be dim, but the UK website still says 600 points when I last checked. I'm probably looking in the wrong place - can anyone post a URL with the new info?

Many thanks in advance

Techno
Old May 12, 2009, 12:15 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...k/public/en_gb and scroll down a little"

"Tier Points
Table of Tier Point levels Silver entry/renewal - 600 (including 4 BA Tier Points earning fares) or 50 flights with BA
Gold entry/renewal - 1500 (including 4 BA Tier Points earning fares)"
Old May 12, 2009, 12:49 am

Programs: Muccihood de la Rotisserie Doree, BAEC Gold, SAS Eurobonus basic, Ansett Golden Wing :-(
Originally Posted by TechnoOenology
Sorry to be dim, but the UK website still says 600 points when I last checked. I'm probably looking in the wrong place - can anyone post a URL with the new info?

Many thanks in advance

Techno
I think the OP was saying he had 46 flights or 300TP to go till Silver, meaning he is already halfway there in terms of TP, but nowhere near in terms of no. of flighhts.
Old May 12, 2009, 12:24 pm

Programs: Shiny ones
Doh! Yes, I see now. I misread the OP - thinking BA had reduced the total number of points required to 300. Good job I didn't promise those who are sharing my 2-for-the-price-of-1 special offer flights something silver when we get home after a few trips!
Old May 12, 2009, 12:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by TechnoOenology
Doh! Yes, I see now. I misread the OP - thinking BA had reduced the total number of points required to 300.
I misread the OP too!

But imagine if they did that Those tiny lounges like the one in JER could have people sitting on the floor!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.