Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA miles/points [How best to use 42,914 miles?]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2009, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze

I am only a blue card holder but have 42,914 miles and 240 points, can someone please tell me the best way to make use of the above thanks.....
Old May 8, 2009, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AW73
I am only a blue card holder but have 42,914 miles and 240 points, can someone please tell me the best way to make use of the above thanks.....
Depends what you are into...

You could put an advert in gumtree: "Looking for a hot young Ukrainian with 57,086 BA miles, in need of a Club class award ticket to the US, in exchange for a wicked night of passion".
Old May 8, 2009, 7:52 am

Programs: FT
Smirnoff...i am LOL....

to OP....any credit cards you can milk for some exta points for a nominal amount of $$....

if so you can up your balance a little more for a small price and that opens more choices for you....

as Smirnoff notes, it really depends....
Old May 8, 2009, 8:13 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Bronze, Virgin Flying Club Red, Swiss M&M Blue
Do you want to make Silver with the points? Are you going to be doing much BA/OW flying to make use of it if you get there?

Are you going to spend the miles on yourself only or travelling with someone?

Are you looking for short/long haul? Traveller or Club?
Old May 8, 2009, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze
Would travel with my partner who is also a blue card holder and has about the same amount of miles.

Just booked 2 tickets to BGI in club for holiday in Oct in the 2 for 1 sale, the booking says that i cannot upgrade my ticket on the system.

Any good deals for 2 short haul club tickets that i can put these miles towards.

thanks.
Old May 8, 2009, 8:21 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Firstly welcome to FT.

As one or two others have stated, you need to give us more info so we can help. I would also recommend that you have a good trawl through the Ultimate Guide sticky and especially consider a) what you want to achieve in terms of status and b) what you want to achieve in terms of using your miles. So do you just want toi burn the miles and never go on BA again? POr do you have a plan to get to Silver? Or are you saving miles for a once-in-a-lifetime trip? So consider both your short term and long term objectives in being a BAEC member. Then give us a few clues so we can help.
Old May 8, 2009, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by BA or bust
Firstly welcome to FT.
Looks like the OP has been around for a while judging by the registration date, however not if looking at the posts

You both have about the same amount miles? Why don't you create a Household Account and thus pool the miles together for a healhty sum of 80.000 or more. Both of you can buy additional miles, up to 19.000 during your member year, then you will have 100.000 which gets one of you to The United States of USA in Club, or x4 MFU's (MFU stands for Upgrading to a higher cabin with the use of miles) to CW from cheap WT+ Tickets.

Slightly OT: I have no clue what to do this weekend. Can someone please give me some advice as to what I should do?
Old May 8, 2009, 8:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Take advantage of extensive MFU availability to the East Coast of the USA and dirt cheap WT+ fares (in the region of £500). You'll get a long weekend in somewhere like New York, in Club, possibly on the upper deck of a 747. You'll spend 25,000 miles in addition to your £500 but you'll get around 8500 back from the trip and 150 tier points, making you (at 390 tps) only 10 points short of the threshold for Euro-Silver. A short hop in CE from Gatwick will fix that.

All of this information is available to you in the Ultimate Guide so I don't know why I've spelt it out for you, but I'm in the Senator lounge at GVA and a bit bored so it helped pass about 90 seconds.
Old May 8, 2009, 9:19 am

Programs: MUCCI - Order of the Diamond Hairbrush and Champion of Queens,BA Broon,HH Diamond,PC Plat,BA Amex
Originally Posted by Petrus
Looks like the OP has been around for a while judging by the registration date, however not if looking at the posts

Slightly OT: I have no clue what to do this weekend. Can someone please give me some advice as to what I should do?
May I respectfully suggest drinking ???
Old May 8, 2009, 12:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by Smirnoff
Depends what you are into...

You could put an advert in gumtree: "Looking for a hot young Ukrainian with 57,086 BA miles, in need of a Club class award ticket to the US, in exchange for a wicked night of passion".
You and your hot young Ukrainian's

Great to see you having a little fun today xx (on FT, presumably not with the Ukrainian's)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.